6th Annual "International Work On Your Truck Day"...

Did some more work today. Located another ign switch, swapped the key cylinder out of the bad one into it, hacked the armored cable off and spliced in a new wire. That allowed me to also go back to the coil I was using before which I new worked. Filed the points and made a new wire for inside the dist and Dad and I had it sputtering. Fuel pump isn't working but I think once that's fixed it will run!

• Like 1

Today I removed the oil pan to swap it for the front sump pan. Dropped the rear main cap to remove the drain back valve assembly. Worked on cleaning the pan and the water manifolds while waiting on gaskets to put the rest of the engine back together.

• Like 2

crap, I'm out!!!!     I thought it was "work IN your truck day"! :)

woytd2017.jpg.c7821127dc3f1c9c2b12498b78f17b4c.jpg

• Like 8

That's pretty funny Brent.....ha ha ha !

I got trapped in the back of a 35 CW Airflow.... tried to get through the filler hole:D

Hand_in_CW_AirFlow_(2).JPG.5c58e2c4dd8fdeae8eff3aa120de32d2.JPG

• Like 3

Making a old school looking fuel pressue gauge mount bracket for my 52 dodge PU......

nbeed to paint it and get it mounted next week....

Fuel Pressure Gauge Mount Fabrication (3).JPG

Fuel Pressure Gauge Mount Fabrication (9).JPG

Fuel Pressure Gauge Mount Fabrication (5).JPG

• Like 9

Spent the weekend putting a little time into my new shed (The Dodge Mahal) and the rest doing all sorts of "honey-do's" to keep my wife happy after she allowed me to spend so much on my hobby.  So much fun running the chainsaw and cutting down dead trees in 90 degree weather.

This photo is a friend of mine clearing the area behind my existing shed (Ft. Dodge) to make way for the Dodge Mahal.  The new shed is 30' x 30', with a 14' floor to ceiling clearance for the soon to be added 2-post lift.  It has two 10' x 10' doors on one side and one on the other.  The lift will be in line with the 2 doors, and that will line up with the door on Ft. Dodge.  That will allow me to drive, or push, or tow, a vehicle from one shed to the other.  On the side, there is a 20' x 30' carport to park tractor and other vehicles under. 

Couple more photos coming.

clearing_the_area.JPG

• Like 2

Construction done.  Roll up doors coming on Friday, followed by lift and electricity later this month.

construction_done.JPG

Edited by Bobacuda
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jim Shepard said:

What's that! A Furd in the background? Must be the neighbor's, right? Say it's the neighbor's...

Actually it's my daily driver... Sorry... But I don't own it. It's a company vehicle. I'd much rather be driving a Dodge (Ram), but since they are paying for it I don't complain. 

9 hours ago, Bobacuda said:

Construction done.  Roll up doors coming on Friday, followed by lift and electricity later this month.

construction_done.JPG

Why two separate concrete approach aprons?? Never saw that before

Glad to see everyone is having fun.

I made my 52  Fargo work instead of me.  Loaded up a winter's accumulation of garbage and headed for the dump.   Passed the 1000 mile mark since total restoration and loving it more and more.

• Like 2

Two doors, two aprons.  The concrete guy made it a better price that way, rather than fill out the 2' x 16' space in between.  Less fill, steel and concrete for him to buy and resell me - he did the aprons for about $4.50 a sq. ft.  Slab was $6.50.  Lots of fill as you go left to right in the photo.

Well...thanks to Tim in loaning me a piece of dirt for my 52, ol Bessie (53) got a little attention this weekend!

Edited by Bluzhog53
  • Like 1

well....for the life of me...can't upload my pics and they are'nt even 2 mb!! I give up...you will have to trust me! Ha!

• Like 1