6th Annual "International Work On Your Truck Day"...

This is it Man.....MAY 6TH 2017 - International Work On Your Truck Day #6!!!!

Get your wrenches out ....the good weather is coming.....time to make it roll without the nieghbors pushin it!

Power to the toolbox! Its a day we all make all stand together as one, and show everyone, that:

"We love our old Trucks!!!!!!!!"  :lol:

The Five Rules:

1. Work on your truck....looking at it counts, writing "wash me' on it counts, washing, dusting it, kicking the rubber ALL counts!

a. Ordering parts count!

b.  Waiting by the mailbox for your part counts. 

2. Report what you did....and be honest, cuz its all good.

3. Post a picture of what you did....again, fresh finger prints count.

4. Explain what inspires you the most about your truck, how you got it....it was your dad's, it was your uncle's, brother's, you found it, Brent stole it for you, Mark molded one piece at a time for you, Merle made you build one, you won it in a badminton game with Tim Adams and Don Coatney, you read  ED's thread and got super inspired.......found it in a barn or whatever...lol.

5. Try to share your days experience and pictures as soon as you can.....!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!! Here comes Saturday!!!

Tim aka 48Dodger

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 4

My car club's "Mystery Run" on Saturday!  Spent the time last night to give FEF his annual lube job and inspection.  Sadly one of my boots on my tie rod is already starting to crack badly.... :(

• Like 1

I'm going to be about 600 miles from my truck for the next week, so I won't be able to participate on the 'IWOYTD' this year.

However I did do something good on Monday. I drove my blue 52 Desoto truck about 60 miles south to visit the original owner (Ernest) for his 100th birthday. He & I share the same birthday, but I'm 50 years younger! He was a little tired on the day so he didn't get to go for a ride around the block this time. He's still 'as sharp as a tack' in the mind, but his body is wearing out. He was my inspiration to keep the restoration of the 'Ernie' truck as original as possible.

We did manage to snap a few cool pictures at an old church on the way home. Hope the attached photo inspires others in their MOPAR activities...

IMG_1976.JPG

• Like 10

I'll be installing a factory correct used rear bumper on "The Brick"....I plan on doing a complete teardown this year, so this will be a fit-up really.

Definitely will have a few pictures to share.

48D

• Like 1

In the spirit of the thread but with a twist, this is what I did this morning in compliance with work on my INTERNATIONAL truck day....I got the front grill section out and went back over it closely and touched up a few welds, added a few welds where needed and thoroughly embarrassed by Tim will now be sure to finish the initial prep and get this chunk of metal in primer.  At this rate, 378 more international work days and I will be finished...the entire lower panel I had hand fabbed and welded on earlier.  Too many things, too little time....but always fun to be had in Elko

bit back I sold my 59 Dodge D100 and while I regret this to some extent, I also knew I would most likely never get it finished.  the International with the double roll hood finds favor in my eye....

IMG_1560.JPG

• Like 2

Does ordering parts count? I ordered the new 4 barrel and carb adapter.  Spark plug wires, idler pulley and gasket kit for my 315 this morning. Hopefully I will be able to change head gaskets (precautionary), swap the pan and start stabbing it into the truck soon.

Otherwise, I installed a level lift on my 2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins today and am getting new wheels and tires next week or so. I found out that i need a bigger floor jack to work on that beast. Two floor jacks struggled to lift her!

Edited by 59bisquik
  • Like 1

Nothing much to post on my 47 project. Over the last few days I put a bunch of stuff back on with the hope of starting it up on IWOYOTD. Carb, dist, starter, temp oil gauge, throttle linkage, choke cable, temp wiring, etc. Also finished redoing the complete mechanisms of the passenger door. However after getting all that done today spark was really weak and it wouldn't start. OEM coil possibly weak plus the old ignition switch seems to have a dead spot so even with the key on its not always "on"

Wow, what a day in Clements!!! My wife is an inspiration, she is never to proud to try something new.

Today on "INTERNATIONL WORK ON YOUR TRUCK DAY", she jumped in and helped me hang the bumper on "THE BRICK".

Damn, what a woman!

Charged the 1949 COE's battery

steering wheel installed on B1BQ (finally)

Rear bumper on the The Brick aka Wedding Truck

48 "lucky" D 

steph bumpera.jpg

IMG_20170506_132933111_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170506_134031944.jpg

• Like 8

Took FEF out for my car/truck club's "Mystery Run".  Put about 100 miles on him.  Oddly stalled out 2 times at an intersection and the starter would not turn over.  Waited embarrassed as all heck and after 2 minutes or so a weak turn over got him running again.  Stopping and turning him off the starter fires off just fine...wth?

20170506_145218.jpg

• Like 5

Forgot the final pictures of the install....many thanks to my better half for the assist....lol

48D

IMG_20170506_134454003_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170506_134906021.jpg

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Akmark said:

I am waiting for the valve grind set I ordered for my WF 32. Got a rebuild kit for the carb so I plan on doing that tomorrow.

4 hours ago, 59bisquik said:

Does ordering parts count? .....

Check the rules again.....you guys are covered! lol

48D

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

Forgot the final pictures of the install....many thanks to my better half for the assist....lol

48D

IMG_20170506_134454003_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170506_134906021.jpg

Does she have a sister(s)???  :rolleyes:

What a catch!, as you are also  for her !!

DJ

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Here we are... playing with our trucks...

IMG_5019.JPG

hey that stubby B3B next to you looks just like Teds truck! :)