1952 dodge b3b

hi I'm new to this site, has I have purchased a 52 truck 1 ton. its in pretty decent shape for sitting for 20 years, I had no compression in 4 holes only two and patiently sprayed some pb blaster into vales exhaust valves were stuck but now she purrs like a kitten. so my question is where does one go for parts? I need a thermostat housing without bpass hose? I also need radiator but will probably take to radiator shop.i wasn't looking for a truck but couldn't walk away for this deal. and everyone one else has chevys and fords. thanks in advance for anyhelp or advice cheers

4 hours ago, The Oil Soup said:

yes I was looking at that one!hows yours working out how was the installing did it match up holes well? cheers for info

I removed the brackets off the old rad and used those to bolt on the aluminum one. Others on this site are using the same rad, seems to work fine with a slight modification of removing the downward angled portion of the top hose connection. I would also recommend taking out the freeze plugs, flushing it out and checking / replacing the water distribution tube ( cue up the Jaws theme ). If your truck is a 1 ton it should be a B3D.

I bought one from these folks.  Fits perfect - no mods required.  Mine is not the OEM equivalent, it is the "next coolest."  During several 60 mile, 90 degree temp drives, the engine never got above 150 degrees (no thermostat).  Cost more than $150, but it fit perfectly and works great.  I got a non-rotted thermostat housing off of a 318 in a boneyard.  Make sure the radiator hose diameter and the angle of the housing's neck works with your radiator outlet.

http://www.usradiator.com/dodge-truck-1948-54-all-radiator.html

thanks guys for all your help. great info and places to get the parts I need. I'm just going to keep the truck stock thou disc brakes up front would be nice.  tandem mastr cyl would be nice to for a safety aspet. the oil soup your truck is a B4B cool truck. I need to know what kind of truck I have its got dualy wheels I need to take a picture of it and get some details what it is...don coatney cant believe you had to cut that neck of you welded it yourself? nice job. Bobacuda what a 318? is that a car or engine size?? I loked on pars places some of these truck parts are pricey. it seems rock auto is a good place to buy some low cost gaskets and some other small parts. QUESTION!! that spring device on exhaust to make truck warm up faster is it really needed? and also is there a place where members post there vehicles? thanks

A 318 is a small block Chrysler engine.  The t-housing I found was on a '68 Dodge.  Take your old one and go to the local Pick-n-Pull and start comparing.  If not, put the word out here that you want to buy one.  Lots of the guys here scavenge old boneyards for parts to sell - or they have a parts truck they are selling parts off of. 

Might also try Vintage Power Wagon.  If you don't find it in their catalog, call them.  They are very friendly and knowledgeable. 

For door and window soft seals (gaskets), I have used several sources.  Clester's Auto Rubber Seals had the lowest cost, best quality that I found. 

Central Dodge of Michigan has quite a few parts as well.

4 hours ago, Bobacuda said:

A 318 is a small block Chrysler engine.  The t-housing I found was on a '68 Dodge.  Take your old one and go to the local Pick-n-Pull and start comparing.  If not, put the word out here that you want to buy one.  Lots of the guys here scavenge old boneyards for parts to sell - or they have a parts truck they are selling parts off of. 

Or just buy a new one from rock auto for $6