Bob Riding

I just finished installing a remote start switch on the inside firewall pad, just left of the clutch pedal. My battery is under the seat and it's a real pain to disconnect it, everytime I park the wagon in the shop. i've seen too many vehicle fires to feel comfortable leaving everything connected when I'm away.

I decided to go with 4 ought (4/0) conductor from the back of the switch to the starter. I used my existing YnZ Wiring cable that came with the '40 Plymouth wiring harness because it already had the correct terminals (battery post and 3/8" end) to go from the battery to the switch. I've never had any electrical problems since the install a few years ago, however the YnZ conductor is obviously less beefy than the new one (2/0?). I know with 6 volt you want to minimize voltage drop, so I was thinking about replacing the other 3 ft cable with 4/0 conductor, but wire this large is pricey, so if it won't matter, I'll obsess on something else and leave it alone! Opinions?

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Can't really comment on your question. Wiring is not my thing but that is a very clean installation. May copy it on mine. That underseat  battery can be a problem to get at.