54 dodge pickup battery box help

5 hours ago, tattooman43 said:

Does anyone sell them or make them I really don't have all the tools to make me one

Sadly I don't work at a company that does sheet metal anymore or I'd make ya one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tattooman43 said:

Looking something alittle cheap don't have to be spec. I'm building a rat rod lol just want the battery safe 

find an old military ammo box?

• Like 1

You know what might fit the bill and give it the rat rod look? I saw a rig around here somewhere that used an old rusty Coca-Cola cooler as a battery box and mounted it in the bed right behind the cab. Looked pretty cool!

073016duerksen mb9 (2).jpg

Edited by 59bisquik
  • Like 3

I need to make a new box for my c-series but what worked in the meantime was taking some of that perforated metal strapping (I think used for hanging ducts or something?) and pop riveting a few U shaped pieces in to reinforce the swiss cheese OG box. 

• Like 1