230 cap and condesor

Ok, this is probably a stupid question but, I have a 56 dodge 230 we just rebuilt. I wanted to redo the distributor but I noticed that this distributor is from a 51 dodge. This is going into a 6v car are the parts interchangeable from says a 55 distributor? Just trying to source parts on rockauto and it didn't list anything for a 51 did but it did for a 55.

1AT-4011

(1343554)

Unless someone else can recommend to buy some parts that would be great!

Thanks

Here are the Autolite part numbers for your distributor Autolite IAT-4011      cap Iat-1033 ,  rotor IAU-1016A ,  contact set IGW-3028BS ,  condenser IAT-3076RA . If you need any other part numbers for this distributor just let me know .  P.S. , I usually buy my Autolite parts on ebay NOS . 

Edited by Jerry Roberts
  • Like 5

You may wish to read the thread   ( IAT distributors   )in the other part of the forum (P15/D24)   some of us have had issues with parts for the IAT and these are discussed fairly thoroughly there.   So far as I know the 55 distributor's parts are compatible with the 51.  There is a different style of rotor found in 55 and 6.  

None of these use the counterweight rotor and larger cap  found pre mid-50

On 4/30/2017 at 1:50 PM, Jerry Roberts said:

Here are the Autolite part numbers for your distributor Autolite IAT-4011      cap Iat-1033 ,  rotor IAU-1016A ,  contact set IGW-3028BS ,  condenser IAT-3076RA . If you need any other part numbers for this distributor just let me know .  P.S. , I usually buy my Autolite parts on ebay NOS . 

I'm looking for s new cap for my 1948 Plymouth 218 6 cylinder.  Would it be the same ?thanks.