Unfortunate Issues, time to leave

rb1949

I bought the old Jalopy, needing a fun hobby to occupy the brain and challenge abilities. Boy, an old car sure fits that bill, sometimes more than expected. Guess the best way to avoid all that is to fork over lots more money and buy one that's already done and ready to roll. Then I joined this forum. You guys have been extremely helpful providing advice, repair wisdom, and support to keep going. Couldn't have achieved many projects without you, much appreciated. I was quite a nag with the oddball 1949 CHRYSLER questions. Life however likes to throw out those unpredictable situations. I've seen them before, and now must join them. Health issues have recently produced the worst news. I'll leave it at that. The Jalopy is going up for sale. My fun beach cruiser. I hope the price is reasonable and it will find a good home. Guess we do what needs to be done. I still read daily, and comment as best as possible. Good luck to all, thanks again.

RB -

Sorry to hear that you appear to be heading a direction you had not anticipated at this age.  May your next adventure be at least as good as your current one has been.

Bob

It is always sad news when we learn a member has to abandon the journey of transitioning a project car to completion.  For many it is the actual hands on work that brings the most satisfaction in owning these car.  Overcoming obstacles, finding that one part and learning all we can about the car and subsystems that make it a functional unit.  Wishing you the best and hope you find a buyer who may share you idea for the eventual look of the car when finished.

Good luck with what your having to deal with, wish you the best. Don't be a stranger, I know you've learned a few things from that car, share them and pass on what you can. Sometimes an opinion of a guy that's been there helps the newbie or even the old retread like me.

Hire a couple of hot chicks it skimpy bikinis to drive ya around with several for sale signs on it. I promise guys will stop and ask about the car and hey, if no one buys you've still had a great time.

• Like 1