51 Plymouth concord business coupe free

pumppy10

Ok so here"s the deal, i started redoing my 1951 Plymouth concord business coupe about 4 years ago. Some of you might remember pics i posted while the work was going on. Due to reasons way beyond my control it has become clear that i will never be able to finish the build. I am willing to GIVE whats left of the car to someone who wants it to either finish or use the parts. I have a clear pa antique title in  my name. No i didnt not go insane but i am the type of person who would rather see it go to some one who can do something with it instead of just letting it set in the top of my barn. Whom ever gets the car will need to help me clear out around it so it can be moved. The body is sitting up on blocks and frame is sitting under it. If interested please know that you will need help to move it out onto your trailer.  I have all the sheet metal, frame, rear, all the chrome trim  and alot of little stuff. The firewall was cut and moved back some to fit the motor i had built for it, pads were welded in for motor mounts, will need floors, small amount of trunk work. This car is in no way beyond fixing i just will not be able to do it myself. If interested contact me and we can set up a time for you to come see whats involved in getting it. I have put some pics so you can get some idea where the build is.

20170422_155222.jpg

20170422_155243.jpg

20170422_155300.jpg

pumppy10; This is rich Hartung here in valley forge with the 39 Desoto. Send me a PM and what are you asking for the car. I am going to my local Chester county Antique car Club meeting on Tuesday and will announce that the car is for sale. Any info or a write up would be helpful.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

484-431-8157 cell

5 hours ago, pumppy10 said:

..... I am willing to GIVE whats left of the car to someone who wants it to either finish or use the parts.

Do NOT give it away to someone/ANYONE that says they want it to fix. If you do,there is a 50/50 chance they will immediately haul it to the crusher for a little instant cash.

Don't get me started on how I know this.

Tell people you want a minimum of $300 for it.

$500 may be even better. It's easily worth twice that much,so anybody that bitches didn't want it to start with.

That way you know whoever gets it is interested in the car.

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 5

I had two 53 suburban shells which I did not want to crush. I put the best one on CL for $400 OBO. One person called and came he mentioned $150 but hesitated so I threw in the 2nd shell and closed the deal. He will take the two shells make one and put on a S 10 frame, so one shell saved.  Maybe I'm wrong but I hate to see history melted down.

Bless your heart! I hope it goes to a good deserving home. Lots of people would want such a project, I think you posted this in the right place.  Can you explane why you came to this decision or do you not want to discuss?

Flatie46, all i have to say is enjoy life because you never know whats coming down the road and will leave it at that. Knuckleharley i hear what you are saying and is why i have only posted on this web site. If i wanted to scrap it i could easily do it myself, lots of scrap buyers around me right here. I need to tie up loose ends quickly and is why it is free to GOOD home. I feel confident that somebody from the group will do the right thing. 

Agree with Knuckleharley, you list something like this for free on Craigslist or in the paper, you'll get tweakers busting down your door to take it off your hands only to immediately turn around and crush or sell it for meth money.  I quit giving stuff away for this very reason long ago.

Free here on the forum is one thing, chances are it will end up in good hands, but if you don't get any takers here, put a small price tag on it before listing it elsewhere.  Sorry things aren't working out for you and the coupe, hope everything turns out well for you.

It really saddens me that you can't finish this project.  I am losing my friends month to every other month to cancer, dementia, and some from just plain ol old age.  I am visiting one tomorrow as a matter of fact...

I really hope that somehow things turn around for you.  I respect you highly for doing this noble thing with your car.  I really hope that Karma will kiss you for this selfless good deed.  I wish that I lived closer, that would be one awesome car to finish.  I have extra Hemi's here and could/would have finished it with a extended bell engine...

Thank you for thinking of us here at the forum.  I am certain that many will express their gratitude.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

Has anyone picked up the car?

Ditto. I am guessing there are quite a few forum members who would like to know the car's fate. If like me, just out of curiosity.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RobertKB said:

Ditto. I am guessing there are quite a few forum members who would like to know the car's fate. If like me, just out of curiosity.

If I didn't already have a dozen cars/trucks I would jump on it.  I currently am gathering up parts for 3 1930's Mopars....