disc brake bleading problem

I just finnish up installing a rusty hope kit on my b3b . I got one of those harbor freight one man brake bleed tools the one that runs off of air just can't seem to get the air out of the lines I will get someone and do it the old fashon way and see if that helps. I did have one line leaking but I fixed that if you can think of something I might have missed please let me know thanks .  Neil

If you have lots of fluid on hand, I open all 4 bleed screws and let gravity start...then the old fashioned way, starting with the passenger rear side first, then drivers, and passenger front and drivers.  Keep the fluid up, if It goes low, your back to square one

One issue that I have seen on some disc installations is that the caliper is positioned so that the bleed screw is not at the top and, of course, air is trapped and results in a spongy pedal.

You might take a second look at your caliper position.

Edited by wayfarer
  • Like 1

I'm not sure anything beats the old fashioned way, but that said it is better to have someone inside pumping that knows when the pedal "feels good".  My wife helps me with this job a lot...another 20 years and she might actually know what I mean when I ask "how's it feel?" LoL

• Like 1

On 4/21/2017 at 4:34 PM, 4mula-dlx said:

I'm not sure anything beats the old fashioned way, but that said it is better to have someone inside pumping that knows when the pedal "feels good".  My wife helps me with this job a lot...another 20 years and she might actually know what I mean when I ask "how's it feel?" LoL

When you don't have a helper the power bleeder is a must.

• Like 1