gone for 8 days

casper50

I'll be off the internet for 8 days.  Going brown bear hunting on Kodiak.  Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.  First two times I've passed on small bears.  I only want one so I'm holding out for a decent one.

images.jpg

5 hours ago, casper50 said:

I'll be off the internet for 8 days.  Going brown bear hunting on Kodiak.  Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.  First two times I've passed on small bears.  I only want one so I'm holding out for a decent one.

images.jpg

Back in the late 80's I built a trophy room for a friend who had just about every north American animal that could be hunted hanging on the walls.   He had a Kodiak bear full mounted that stood 13' tall. Its paws were twice the size of my head.  Looked awesome.

Good luck with it, I hope ya get the big one.  I've got a good friend that hunts the much smaller black version in our area. I've never hunted bear, deer and small game is all I've been into and really has been a while since I've done any. I have deer in the field behind the house every morning and evening. I am not allowed to shoot those deer though, my wife likes to see them and to tell the truth I do too. The only hunting I've done much of in the last few years was for Morrell mushrooms, which I love dearly. I take my youngest bluegill fishing all I can, she loves it. My son (age 23) can out fish me, crappie or bass but we wont tell him this. It would go to his head. lol

2 hours ago, pflaming said:

Hey Plymouthy, the era of fighting without weapons ended 10:18.

there was never a reference to fighting in this thread.....only hunting....they call this a sporting event...so give the animal a SPORTING chance....get some Freddy Kruger slip on nails to even things out. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

remember..they on the hunt also...make it a fair fight, don't take any weapons with you....

I'd wish you luck but I am not a big fan of trophy hunting. Hope you only see small bears and leave the big ones out there. The big ones are the ones that keep the bear gene pool at the top level.

gotta love it.....!!  I guess Mr Larson is still on sabbatical...sure do miss his cartoons.  I read where he got mail by the sacks full of folks who have wit but no cartoon skill suggesting cartoons for him.  I also miss Watterson and the perpetual 6 year old.  Thanks for the chuckle...

• Like 2