49-52 Dodge coronet Front springs (update)

Alexander

After reading how well the CC850 springs work with the 40s/50s cars,  I decided to give them a try.  

Well, after spending all morning to install them, I find they are not going to work for my application (stock 1951 Dodge coronet  Convertible). The springs are just WAY too short and the car sits on the rubber stops.  Oh well :-(

If any one wants them send me a message. $50 + shipping

Alexander

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

The forum has been very good to me over the years.  When the opportunity comes around I like to give back when I can.  

I finally found a viable solution for coil springs that work perfectly on my 1951 Dodge Coronet (perhaps same for 49-52).  After extensive researching and trial and error, I found the following solution:

• Moog 8650 work PERFECT and appears to have the car siting at factory stock height or maybe .25" lower. 
  • Moog 5606 works well but the car sits lower than factory by about 1.5 inches.
  • Moog CC850 do not work at all and the car sits on the stops

***Note the above is on a 1951 Dodge Coronet Convertible.   I would like to assume the same holds true for other 6 cyl Mopars from 49-52. Hopefully this can help someone, however I do not take responsibility for your outcome.

Alexander