Door handles escutcheon spring?

fede

Hello, the DeSoto is finally getting to the part where we take care of the interior, so, new questions...

The car has long ago lost the original door upholstery and the replacement was not high quaity. It only had one of the springs that hold the escutcheon against the window handle.

What we don't know is if the door handles also should have those springs.  The door sheetmetal has a place for the spring in the window handle, but it doesn't look that way for the door handle.  Should it have spring in the door handle escutcheons? Should they be installed "inside the hole"? (as shown in one of the photos)

I'm asking because I am about to buy the springs, and don't know if I need 4 or 8.

Aside from all that, it got the whitewalls installed!

IMG_20170409_180541.jpg

IMG_20170409_180604.jpg

IMG_20170409_180643.jpg

IMG_20170409_180822.jpg

IMG_20170409_180911.jpg

IMG_20170413_162253.jpg

I would have thought that both winder and door handle should have the spring as both need to have the escutcheon plate held away from the upholstery panel, at least that's what I would do.......btw get the springs from a plumbing supply or hardware store they have nice stainless steel springs usually cheaper than the specific car ones...............nice car btw........andyd