Dodge 1936 Sterring Wheel removal horn

Magnus

Not sure about a 36 Dodge,but usually you remove that type of horn button by holding it down and turning to the left or right.

Probably a good idea to disconnect the battery first.

Just as KH says on most cars of that era as well as trucks  BUT if your 36 is more like the 35s then use your thumbs to unscrew the ring around the button.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dpollo said:

Just as KH says on most cars of that era as well as trucks  BUT if your 36 is more like the 35s then use your thumbs to unscrew the ring around the button.

Thanks! I had never heard of doing that before,and learned something today,

Given all the gaps in my memory these days,I hope that bit of information doesn't get lonely.

Just checked my 1936-42 Oz passenger Car Service Manual and under "Removal of Horn Button, for 1936-38 "Press firmly on the horn button and rotate it to the right as far as it will go. Relieve the pressure and button will spring out."........hope this helps.............andyd