Carlisle Chrysler show

40plyguy

I have found that it is a 60's and up show. I used to go annually, but it has been six or seven years since the last time. The "old timers" have passed on, and auctioned off their old stuff. You may get lucky and find someone that is selling off their unwanted items from their Rods.

Thanks for the info. Probably not worth the almost 700 mile ride. It's amazing how tough it is to find vendors with vintage Mopar stuff at swap meets or even cars at car shows. When I say vintage I mean pre 60's. 

I went last to Chryslers at carlise last year with a friend  and as the above posted stated this is mostly a muscle car show.  Not that many old vintage cars and also not much in the old car parts. save your money and time and then spend it on ebay at leaset you can see the parts before buying.  Hershey is a better event you the older cars and truck.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com 

It all depends on what your looking for.  I go every year and for sure it is a great deal of 60s and newer stuff, but there are still often a lot of older parts and in many cases bargins can be had.   As in every show there are less and less vendors carrying older stuff because there is less around and in many cases they know they can get way more on ebay.

At one point in time I would have had a similar view as some to check ebay, but for most part I want the pricing is absolutely goofy and I have had so many disappointments on condition etc I don't bother. There are also too many times guys are guessing what the part is and you get it and its wrong.  For me Ebay is back to a last resort spot.

I also agree Hershey does tend to have a lot more older stuff, but again less and less and its not a concentrated to mopar as the all Chrysler Nationals.     Spring Carlisle is coming this week, so if you just want parts that isn't a bad spot however if your 700 miles away I guess it depends on what your looking for an how bad you need it.

I talked to George Asche  the other day and they still have 3 spots however for the 1st time in 25 years they wont be going and he doubt they will be going to the All Chrysler Nationals (Chrysler Carlisle).   Another example of a living legend who is now 85 and while his boys know this stuff there isn't the money in it and it is really time consuming compared to their rebuild of starters, generators etc business which means they are not likely to take over from George.  Sad but it is what it is.

5 hours ago, Skrambler said:

I have found that it is a 60's and up show. I used to go annually, but it has been six or seven years since the last time. The "old timers" have passed on, and auctioned off their old stuff. You may get lucky and find someone that is selling off their unwanted items from their Rods.

I just bought a lot of parts for my 1938 because of this( I met a guy at the Spring Fling).  If old cars are going to the Chryslers at Carlisle, then I will make arrangements to attend next year.

20 hours ago, 50plymouth said:

It all depends on what your looking for.  I go every year and for sure it is a great deal of 60s and newer stuff, but there are still often a lot of older parts and in many cases bargins can be had.   As in every show there are less and less vendors carrying older stuff because there is less around and in many cases they know they can get way more on ebay.

At one point in time I would have had a similar view as some to check ebay, but for most part I want the pricing is absolutely goofy and I have had so many disappointments on condition etc I don't bother. There are also too many times guys are guessing what the part is and you get it and its wrong.  For me Ebay is back to a last resort spot.

I also agree Hershey does tend to have a lot more older stuff, but again less and less and its not a concentrated to mopar as the all Chrysler Nationals.     Spring Carlisle is coming this week, so if you just want parts that isn't a bad spot however if your 700 miles away I guess it depends on what your looking for an how bad you need it.

I talked to George Asche  the other day and they still have 3 spots however for the 1st time in 25 years they wont be going and he doubt they will be going to the All Chrysler Nationals (Chrysler Carlisle).   Another example of a living legend who is now 85 and while his boys know this stuff there isn't the money in it and it is really time consuming compared to their rebuild of starters, generators etc business which means they are not likely to take over from George.  Sad but it is what it is.

He was the main reason why I was going. I guess it'll just be a family outing then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 51custom said:

He was the main reason why I was going. I guess it'll just be a family outing then.

Unfortunately and I hate to even say this, but I get the feeling  George's days going to Spring and Chrysler Carlisle is behind him now.  He said he might go to Dunkirk which is a small auto fleamarket, That is where I actually met George and Tim and his Dad Eddy Kingsbury.   Its hell getting old.

• Like 1

The Chrysler Carlisle in June probable has 10to15% of vendors with pre 1960 parts. "Dan's Old Time Parts" has a large tent where I picked up NOS parts for my 1948&1931 Plymouth. The Dunkirk NY [ May 19&20,2017] auto flea market is a mixed bag of old car parts and  just about anything else. George Ascher managed to find a Plymouth overdrine transmission there a couple of years ago for $350 . I bought a rebuilt overdrive transmission from George years ago for my 48 Ply which is an original, like new car, I'm now looking to put it into my 49 Plymouth Suburban which is still a basket case.

I usually hit the Wisconsin based swap meets , next wk spring Jefferson and in July there's Iola. I've been going to these for many, many years. They have lot's of things to look at but usually very little vintage Mopar stuff. I think I'm gonna pass on Carlisle. Thanks for all the response.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand the lack of older mopars at those shows- don garlits mopar show at his place in Ocala florida draws a lot of cars but most are muscle cars and the vintage cars are few and far between.  its a good flea market if you're looking for late 60"s/70's stuff- of the hundreds of mopars only about 30 vintage mopars