front end kit

Cudan

I have not had any personal experience with these kits as I have bought all the suspension parts I have used over the years individually or as a pair or set, ie, a king pin kit, upper outer pin & bush set, etc.........also I have had to deal with similar issues that you may have regarding the cost of postage however at least here in Oz there were a lot more mopars sold back then so there were/are more parts around.........what I'd suggest however is to get both a workshop manual AND a parts book and check exactly what parts interchange or were used till what and then check on the net as you should be able to get most if not all you need there..........I found a lot of genuine parts still in original boxes listed by a couple of guys in Turkey, it seems there was a Mopar Distribution Centre for the Middle East set up by Mopar there and a lot of parts have been listed from there........these guys were very good to deal with and parts were much cheaper than here in Oz and even the US..........whilst I had a 1941 Plymouth and still have my 1940 Dodge I used to do ebay searches for 46-56 Plymouth as these years suspension and engine parts were most likely to suit my cars ...............another thing to consider is that there are supposedly some repoped parts that are NOT of the same quality as NOS mopar parts and I'd check with Kanter and similar dealers as to what brand their parts are........if they can't or won't say then I'd be very hesitant about dealing with them...............anyway my Oz 2 cents worth.........btw I forget what car you have....what is it?...........regards, Andy Douglas   

basically the same parts you will find searching here and there..just that they have done the sourcing, boxed for your application and selling as a all in one package...a bit more than if you found them individually but given you may have to pay shipping on each item...I have not done that math....they are a major seller of items such as this

4 hours ago, Cudan said:

Do not know their parts sources-Chinese etc. but I can tell you that their prices are high, and have seen no assurance as to where the parts are from, most likely the same places the others are getting theirs and selling at lower prices.

Heck even these days a good source manufacturer called Rare Parts in Stockton Ca. will not guarantee without asking if the are sourced from china or oversees or they actually made them and they are also Not cheap! A call will tell the source if asked, from personal experience.

Most everyone will suggest looking/online for NOS or at least real NORS.

DJ

Edited by DJ194950

17 hours ago, Andydodge said:

I have not had any personal experience with these kits as I have bought all the suspension parts I have used over the years individually or as a pair or set, ie, a king pin kit, upper outer pin & bush set, etc.........also I have had to deal with similar issues that you may have regarding the cost of postage however at least here in Oz there were a lot more mopars sold back then so there were/are more parts around.........what I'd suggest however is to get both a workshop manual AND a parts book and check exactly what parts interchange or were used till what and then check on the net as you should be able to get most if not all you need there..........I found a lot of genuine parts still in original boxes listed by a couple of guys in Turkey, it seems there was a Mopar Distribution Centre for the Middle East set up by Mopar there and a lot of parts have been listed from there........these guys were very good to deal with and parts were much cheaper than here in Oz and even the US..........whilst I had a 1941 Plymouth and still have my 1940 Dodge I used to do ebay searches for 46-56 Plymouth as these years suspension and engine parts were most likely to suit my cars ...............another thing to consider is that there are supposedly some repoped parts that are NOT of the same quality as NOS mopar parts and I'd check with Kanter and similar dealers as to what brand their parts are........if they can't or won't say then I'd be very hesitant about dealing with them...............anyway my Oz 2 cents worth.........btw I forget what car you have....what is it?...........regards, Andy Douglas   

hi Andy,

it is a 1948 coupe de luxe.

do you have the adres/mail off those guys in Turkey because i am from the Netherlands the costs off shipping will be lower.

dan

• Like 1

Cudan, yep the Turkish guys ebay name was moparkenan and they were very good to deal with, I got mostly engine parts but got both the steering box/chassis isolators from them and I have seen that they have had various bushes and pins listed, I used to search ebay USA and they came up fairly regularly with all sorts of mopar parts, their shipping was well priced and packed well also, all the parts I got were either in original mopar or USA brand boxes with numbers on them and were original NOS parts...........as you have a 1948 Plymouth then all upper A arm parts, ie, inner pin & bushes, outer pin & bush and A arm are the same 1941 to 1954, kingpins 1939 to 1956, lower inner & outer pins and bushes 1941-1954.......as far as I know the actual lower A arm is the same 1941-1956 and will fit BUT the sway bar attachment differs over the years as well as the shape of the lower rebound rubber bumper..........so the actual wear parts are the same 1941 to 1954 so its worth when checking ebay to vary your search to include the years up to at least 1954...........that's what I do...........btw I mentioned that I obtained and replaced the rubber steering box isolator, its a triangular piece of molded rubber that fits between the steering box and chassis rail and also outside of the chassis and over time gets oil soaked and perishes or softened and replacing it will make a big difference to the steering feel so its one thing that I'd also recommend try to find..........hope my ramblings help.........lol........btw have you a pic or 2 of your car?...........regards, Andyd         

Edited by Andydodge

Kanters indicates that replacement springs are often shorter before installation but imply that that's OK because they're thicker and made of high tensile steel. Does this make sense?

11 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Cudan, yep the Turkish guys ebay name was moparkenan and they were very good to deal with, I got mostly engine parts but got both the steering box/chassis isolators from them and I have seen that they have had various bushes and pins listed, I used to search ebay USA and they came up fairly regularly with all sorts of mopar parts, their shipping was well priced and packed well also, all the parts I got were either in original mopar or USA brand boxes with numbers on them and were original NOS parts...........as you have a 1948 Plymouth then all upper A arm parts, ie, inner pin & bushes, outer pin & bush and A arm are the same 1941 to 1954, kingpins 1939 to 1956, lower inner & outer pins and bushes 1941-1954.......as far as I know the actual lower A arm is the same 1941-1956 and will fit BUT the sway bar attachment differs over the years as well as the shape of the lower rebound rubber bumper..........so the actual wear parts are the same 1941 to 1954 so its worth when checking ebay to vary your search to include the years up to at least 1954...........that's what I do...........btw I mentioned that I obtained and replaced the rubber steering box isolator, its a triangular piece of molded rubber that fits between the steering box and chassis rail and also outside of the chassis and over time gets oil soaked and perishes or softened and replacing it will make a big difference to the steering feel so its one thing that I'd also recommend try to find..........hope my ramblings help.........lol........btw have you a pic or 2 of your car?...........regards, Andyd         

Thansk Andyd,

i send the guys a mail and waying for answer.

yes, i already bought the rubber steering box isolator because it was i a poor condition.

for pics see my thread   

dan

Edited by Cudan

Cudan........thanks for the link.......I'd forgotten that I'd read it........I must be getting old........lol.......btw I made a suggestion regarding getting the lower inner bushes & pins apart......looks like you are doing a great job on the rebuild...........regards, andyd.

On 4/12/2017 at 5:11 PM, DJ194950 said:

Do not know their parts sources-Chinese etc. but I can tell you that their prices are high, and have seen no assurance as to where the parts are from, most likely the same places the others are getting theirs and selling at lower prices.

Heck even these days a good source manufacturer called Rare Parts in Stockton Ca. will not guarantee without asking if the are sourced from china or oversees or they actually made them and they are also Not cheap! A call will tell the source if asked, from personal experience.

Most everyone will suggest looking/online for NOS or at least real NORS.

DJ

Rare parts have been hit and miss for myself.  But sometimes, they are the "only" company available with the part you need.