Whose Truck Got A Workout?

Hi all, 55 Fargo, hauled the rubbish to the dump, then get a free load of vinyl siding and old telephone pole pieces.
Let's here from those who used their trucks to do what they were intended to do, and thats "Work"...

20170408_090422_resized.jpg

20170408_092822_resized.jpg

20170408_092832_resized.jpg

20170408_104502_resized.jpg

• Like 3

Here's Old Yeller with a truck in the bed 1998.

Old yeller hauling urban firewood from a job site 2003.

And Old Yellers cousin hauling firewood too.  Date unknown.

Old Yeller at work.jpg

Old Yeller at work 2.jpg

Old Yeller hauling firewood.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, RobertKB said:

Ref, I think you went a little overboard when you replaced the wood in the last truck's bed. Also, I think you should have used oak as it is more durable. LOL

Appears to have already lasted a long time is still in very good condition! ;)

DJ

• Like 1

I am headed to Vegas this weekend for the Viva Las Vegas car show. That will be close to 500 miles round trip with my heavy load of two lawn chairs, an ice chest and a vintage bike. Does that count?

Edited by 59bisquik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 59bisquik said:

I am headed to Vegas this weekend for the Viva Las Vegas car show. That will be close to 500 miles round trip with my heavy load of two lawn chairs, an ice chest and a vintage bike. Does that count?

Sure why not, but be careful on I 15 Easter wekend

• Like 1

Well done Spitfire. I used to love being able to bring "valuable" stuff back from the dump, but here even in country oz (my town population about 40,000) , we are all about serious recycling so we do not have "dumps" we have "Recycle Centres". We have to sort the junk and not allowed to bring anything home. If I hook up the trailer I have to divide the "rubbish" up between metals, wood, green waste, glass, paper/cardboard, old electrical things (TVs computers), engine oils, batteries, etc etc. Most recyclable items are free but if I take a car tyre it is AUD $25 (US $20).

Every type has its own bin and when it is full, the bin is taken away to the specific recycler. 

Sounds complex but after a while it is easy and saves us just filling holes in the ground with any old crap and probably adding to the methane gases and polluting ground water.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geekay said:

Well done Spitfire. I used to love being able to bring "valuable" stuff back from the dump, but here even in country oz (my town population about 40,000) , we are all about serious recycling so we do not have "dumps" we have "Recycle Centres". We have to sort the junk and not allowed to bring anything home. If I hook up the trailer I have to divide the "rubbish" up between metals, wood, green waste, glass, paper/cardboard, old electrical things (TVs computers), engine oils, batteries, etc etc. Most recyclable items are free but if I take a car tyre it is AUD $25 (US $20).

Every type has its own bin and when it is full, the bin is taken away to the specific recycler. 

Sounds complex but after a while it is easy and saves us just filling holes in the ground with any old crap and probably adding to the methane gases and polluting ground water.

That sounds way to green for me....LOL

11 hours ago, Geekay said:

I have a problem with charging that much for a tire.  What happens then is the tires find there way into ditches or burnt at night.  The cost should be added when purchased. 

I also think it is ridiculous that you cant take garbage out of a landfill.  I take my construction demo to landfills at least once a week at several different locations around WI, depending where the project is.    Most places don't care if I see something cool and take it out but a few of the bigger landfills will not allow you to remove anything once it enters.  Most of my out buildings are built and decorated with landfill finds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Todd B said:

I have a problem with charging that much for a tire.  What happens then is the tires find there way into ditches or burnt at night.  The cost should be added when purchased. 

I also think it is ridiculous that you cant take garbage out of a landfill.  I take my construction demo to landfills at least once a week at several different locations around WI, depending where the project is.    Most places don't care if I see something cool and take it out but a few of the bigger landfills will not allow you to remove anything once it enters.  Most of my out buildings are built and decorated with landfill finds. 

Yah I either get tires free or $2 charge. I really dnt bother with dump tires, but buy used tires on a local Kijiji in fact my tires on the fargo were $120 3 years old and over 50% tread depth left.

I install my own and balance too.

The load of siding cost me a bottle of Canadian Rye Whiskey

• 2 weeks later...

Downtown today to pickup some paneling. An admirer asked if it was for sale. He thought that with this patina, 10,000 was not too high. It's easy to say that if not a serious buyer.

I bought a pair of 2010 Lincoln bucket seats for my suburban @ $200 for the pair. They are leather, power tracks, and have integrated seat belts. A Plymouth friend will check them out before I start driving. 

Ive got to learn how to delete attachments so I can post pictures.

Will be driving Phoenix to Bakersfield (190  mile RT)  today to pickup 2010 Lincoln bucket seats for my '53 suburban. Should warm things up a bit, this is always good for all parts. 

7 hours ago, pflaming said:

Will be driving Phoenix to Bakersfield (190  mile RT)  today to pickup 2010 Lincoln bucket seats for my '53 suburban. Should warm things up a bit, this is always good for all parts. 

Isn't that more like a 970 mile round trip? Haha.

Phoenix is the name of my truck!  Trip accomplished, two nice leather bucket seats in my possession. My electrical fan could only hold the temp at 205 degrees and then only at 55 mph, so back to the stock fan and on a cool 85 degree day. 

Edited by pflaming
Added fan comment

Glad you Guys are enjoying this thread, and your getting a chance to use your trucks for some work, as they were intended to do.

Flaming, 205 is a bit warm, what are you going to do about it?