Whose Truck Got A Workout?

Salt rock, yes but used ACE Prep and Prime first. 

After a safety check on a lift and a few adjustments,  my truck passed the pre BBQ road test. The drive is a 35 mile drive from 300' above sea level to 6500' which is a good pull. Temp leveled out at 190 degrees, oil pressure constant at 45 psi. I could have driven the distance in high but shifted down to 2nd at the end for higher rpms which rested the engine. The 2nd and over on an overdrive would have been perfect. I have the OD and will eventually install it. 

IMG_2634.JPG

• Like 4

Took my PT81 to the gravel plant today to pick some shingle to correct the garden lane paving.
I always thought my truck is not just small, but between the gravel hills and the loaders it looked like a toy.
A CAT loader traced me close behind, so I rapidly rushed to the paying agency. He stopped behind me and it turned out that the guy just was noisy, he never has seen a truck like this.
The paying agent also came excited out, looked at my truck, put his thumbs up and wished me a good ride. I had not to pay one buck … :P

PT_gravel-plant_1.jpg.db0d8cc6203c7f4d473f2d9dac73f514.jpg

PT_gravel-plant_2.jpg.a2d164edd64076a00645b50a464d62ed.jpg

PT_gravel-plant_3.jpg.12cc6eea7da0b4c35f237bb16eeacc25.jpg

Edited by PT81Jan
  • Like 3

sph, you are using your truck for what it was built for. Being pretty original with lots of patina, you don't have to worry about paint being scratched.  I imagine you are having fun with it also. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Thanks RobertKB for your comments. Yes, I use the truck as a daily work truck. The kids are my grandchildren and love to ride in it. His team won the championship basketball game and the prize was a picture in the old truck.

IMG_0006.JPG

• Like 4

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, sph said:

Thanks RobertKB for your comments. Yes, I use the truck as a daily work truck. The kids are my grandchildren and love to ride in it. His team won the championship basketball game and the prize was a picture in the old truck.

IMG_0006.JPG

that is one heck of a front bumper set up :)

• Haha 1

Hey my truck is getting a work out

image.jpg.0c632bae290cac99801d13caa1c2fb49.jpg

does this count? :D

getting ready to hit the Siskiyou's...

fingers crossed 

Here’s a story.

Shortly after I got this truck in 1978 and fixed a burnt ex valve I bought an above ground pool for my family.  I being a city boy didn’t know how much a ½ ton of dirt was. I had a couple of friends come over to level the spot for the pool. I thought this was going to be easy but my one friend said we must dig out a foot from the front to the back for it to be level.

After filling the truck bed up so full to cover over the back window, we drove up and down hills for 5 miles to a friend’s house to unload. After 3 loads (and the easiest steering and hot brakes this truck ever had) the pool spot was level.

Now with my experience with running a maintenance department at a Country Club for 35 years it had to be at least 1 ½ tons per load.

We all survived.

Steve

dodge.bmp

• 2 months later...

The ever popular trip to the dump with a load of slash. Roxanne tried to stall at every intersection on the way, but later when heading to a local car show she runs near perfect. How do you explain that?!

20180702_135749-1638x921.jpg

• Like 2

It's just intermittent enough that I'm ignoring it for now, though will put a minor tuneup at the top of my list. You see, the wife and I are entered in the Firecracker 5k Wednesday and I REALLY want to drive Roxanne to the event. Made her a flag holder and will be flying old glory while driving old Rox. My experience with changing anything with the truck often results in her being out of service while I round up the obscure part that disenitrates in the process.

• Haha 1

Eddie's not afraid to work. 

Municipal dump to get rid of some brush this morning. Next stop was a yard of mulch.  Few pounds in the bed sure rode nice.  Liked it so much went back for a second load later.  Stopped by rover's resort on way home to do step #4 on a batch of merlot wine we've got cooking and pick up some empties to clean for bottling.  Hit Home Deport later for a couple bags of top soil, but that was wimpy so no photo.  minor league ballgame on the 802 sounded good during that trip.

18-7-7_Prep for Fence_Appleton Dump.JPG

18-7-7_Fox Nursery_1st Load Hemlock Mulch.JPG

18-7-7_2nd Load Mulch_Resort Stop for Step 4 on wine batch_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...