I'm going to contact these fellas.

casper50

19 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

And to be fair,450 bucks ain't what it used to be. People on minimum wage earn more than that  in a week these days,and it costs almost 10 bucks to eat a meal at most fast food restaurants.

I agree that $450 ain't what it used to be. Many of us can remember walking away from running, driving, decent cars that cost far less. I'm not sure I agree about the actual value of the sill plates but it's a seller's market. Building a vintage automobile is rarely a wise financial decision, though; since it seems that with rare exceptions you can buy for far less than you can build. Finally, and even though it has nothing to do with sill plates; in your state and in mine people working for minimum wage earn closer to $300 than $450 for a 40 hour week. I'm pretty sure they're not in the market for either vintage autos or sill plates.

My 46 Plymouth had the metal under the sills rusted out so after I welded new steel in I bought a set of the glue down ones for $300 and glued them down with black silicone.  They look great.  I dont see a reason you need the metal in the rubber sill pads when you can glue them down.

Yes I have carpet and the the sill plates have a recess for the carpet to tuck under.  They were on e-bay a couple years ago for $300.  Bernbaums has the same ones I think.