52 b3d "Little Blue Truck"

Yes I got my truck with the park brake handle coming from the floor. I did some research and found out that the correct one would be the handle under the dash. So I found one and added it in, it is not hooked up to anything yet. My plan is to take the original out and use the under the dash that I installed. But I realized that I had a different transmission and the drum on it looks a bit different in size so I just wanted to see if there was a different standard brake based on difference in transmission styles 

Your park brake linkage should use a similar cam, as shown at the top of this picture. But on yours the cam is connected to the bottom of the brake lever.

P1161569.JPG

On mine the cam connects to another linkage arm. This linkage bolts up to a bolster on the top trans cover. Does your trans have this attachment point? Does your brake lever attach at this similar point? The pull cable attaches to the bottom of this "T" link to pull the brake linkage and set the brake.

P1161570.JPG.7a06fd84cb45ec7ad0415cca95299506.JPG

If so, you can likely fabricate this linkage, or something similar, and connect it to your existing brake band. And I believe someone here found a cable from a modern truck that can be retrofitted to work in place of the original. I don't recall the details of that but I'm sure you could search and find it.

P1171608.JPG.4016539eaf9644da609602e1ea919027.JPG

Edited by Merle Coggins

Thanks for the information :) 

i will track down those parts and get mine swapped over.

on a side note I got my heater installed finally. Got the fresh air valve hooked up. Tried to hook up the defrost valve but it didn’t seem to work correctly. I could get it to close the door but not open it back up. Not sure what the deal is here. Any suggestions/tricks? 

795E0CED-7625-456B-84C6-9739F9F2C962.png

Got the lighter and ash tray installed this evening and wired them up. Also wired up the heater switch.

what are you guys running your wording for your lighter and lighter light to? I ran both mine to a pole on the ignition switch  so when I turn on my ignition my lighter light turns on. Thinking about maybe switching it to the panel light switch.

F38FBCBE-6EA9-4703-8515-850041254289.png

• Like 1

Ya that is why I wired it up to the ignition switch. But there is a light down in the lighter socket that is on all the time. So I was thinking of running the light from the panel switch and the lighter from the ignition. That way I can turn off the light. 

Also just noticed these. If I was standing at the front of the truck looking towards the back  these are in the upper right corner of the firewall in the engine bay. A small plate with some numbers and what appears to be a knockout. Any ideas?

EBD3DF7C-9C24-4852-A07C-DE8E6B9B78AD.png

Edited by jpartington

14 minutes ago, jpartington said:

Also just noticed these. If I was standing at the front of the truck looking towards the back  these are in the upper right corner of the firewall in the engine bay. A small plate with some numbers and what appears to be a knockout. Any ideas?

EBD3DF7C-9C24-4852-A07C-DE8E6B9B78AD.png

Hmm... interesting.  I'll have to look at mine in the morning.  

• 9 months later...

Well I seem to be moving along at a snails pace on this. But hey at least I’m still doing something on it. I have a question about fuel pumps. The pump on my truck looks a bit different then pumps I have seen on others. Just wondering if there is a correct one. The one in this first picture is the one that is currently installed in my truck.

Some heat shields have a factory hole for that fuel pulse dampening dome.

• Thanks 1