52 b3d "Little Blue Truck"

I finally finished up cleaning and painting all the knobs. I got a few extra of certain ones but decided to paint them anyways. They turned out very nice, thanks again Keven for the tips.

can anybody see which one knob is missing from the bunch?

B2A8CC06-3B3B-4213-AD59-DCF63ABFE0AE.png

Choke??

DJ

Next thing, my truck didn’t have a hood ornament but I have one and plan on putting it on. Is there any way someone could try to take some measurements of the hole locations? Or even a possible template? That would be greatly appreciated.

also is there supposed to be any sort of gasket or pad installed under the ornament?

Edited by jpartington

I placed mine on the hood with some painter's tape down.  Outlined where it fit nice and the measured the hole locations.  The front one is the critical one since its so closethe the front edge. 

Use painter's tape on the hood to locate the centerline.  More tape on the sides of the ornament base to mark the mounting threads.  Place ornament on the hood centerline and transfer mounting hole marks to locate your mounting holes.

Originally, the ornament was placed bare on the paint.  It's possible to put shims between the ornament mounting threads and the hood so that the ornament lip does not contact the hood, preserving the paint from rubbing during road vibrations...but that's easier said than done :cool:

may or may not help (results may vary :))

all measurements are from the center points

Edited by Brent B3B
photo deleted, i must have misunderstood the request

thank you for the suggestions and picture. Brent your picture made sense didn’t it? Wasn’t it measurements from the edges of the hood center to the center of the bolt holes? 

hope everyone had a great Easter 

im gonna try to look at this tonight to see if i can get it located where it looks right

1 minute ago, jpartington said:

thank you for the suggestions and picture. Brent your picture made sense didn’t it? Wasn’t it measurements from the edges of the hood center to the center of the bolt holes? 

hope everyone had a great Easter 

im gonna try to look at this tonight to see if i can get it located where it looks right

the first hole is the scary hole...then it gets easier!  :)

Ya I set it on there yesterday and just taped it down where I thought it looked good. Now I’ve walked by it quite a few times scared to mount it for real haha.

off topic but isn’t April in MN great lol. View from my driveway tonight.

EB1DA9A8-D7DF-425E-85C1-636E54EF9AAD.png

I did the same, we all have...

You got lucky...we had over 12" of the white crap.  I LOVE winter but I was so ready for spring with last week's weather..

Just saw your post about the snow--I'm in Minnesota, too. We didn't get much snow here in west central Minnesota. Just a dusting on top of the couple of inches that fell on Monday. I've been watching your hood ornament excitement--is the ornament you are putting on your truck from an earlier model? It looks similar to the one on my 1940. There is no pad under the ornament on mine. BTW, the heater in my truck is like yours. I think it was an add-on in 1940. There is only one knob--an unlabled (but lighted) rheostat to turn the fan on. It was clamped onto the lower lip of the dash. The flow of warm air is regulated by opening doors on the heater box. There is no temperature regulator that I can see. And the defrost was on by default.

I don’t believe I put any pictures of the ornament on here but I’m pretty sure mine is accurate for the year of truck.

and anyone else can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that the heaters were not put in on any of these trucks from the factory. But they are a mopar part made for these trucks (and possibly others) and installed by dealers (if purchased).

if you have all the options for the heater you would have 4 knobs. Heater (fan), defrost, temp (which goes to a cable operated valve on top of the head), and air (which is for the fresh air valve). And from what I have learned not all heaters come with the correct y piece that has the cable operated defrost hardware. Mine unfortunately did not so I am hunting for one.

Edited by jpartington

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jpartington said:

Ok, I looked at it and it didn’t seem to have anything but it was a pretty quick look. I’ll check it out again tonight.

thank you

it's the top of the base...you can see the seam on the picture.  About where the red line is.

3A31ADDA-ED8A-470C-9A39-B5EFC9E66810.png.c85828f8c716e5079c1092939949b11e.png