Third member ratios of 1952 and 1953 1 ton trucks

Hello All,

What was the factory standard third member ratio for both the 1952 and 1953 1 ton pilothouse model trucks. I have heard  some people say that 4.3 was standard and others say4.10 was standard. Anyone know for sure? Thanks for any info.

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the info, but I don't know how to open up the pdf.  If it the pdf is the "Pilothouse Knowledge" site, I have gone there and looked at the parts book for the Pilothouse "D" model trucks. Only lists the ratios available for the given model, not whether they were standard equipment or not.

1 hour ago, Dozerman51 said:

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the info, but I don't know how to open up the pdf.  If it the pdf is the "Pilothouse Knowledge" site, I have gone there and looked at the parts book for the Pilothouse "D" model trucks. Only lists the ratios available for the given model, not whether they were standard equipment or not.

Shoot, yeah, it WAS from the knowledge site.... I thought both were possibly standard depending  on the  wheel base or something like that ... my bad  :)