Pilothouse ID help

Hi, I recently picked up a Dodge pilothouse 1 1/2 ton or 2 ton (Not sure which one) I am located in Minnesota near Minneapolis and need help finding a front axle for my truck. I learned that I am not very good at removing kingpins:( Also would like some help positively idB-entifying the year, my title says 1948 but i have my doubts.

Serial Number 82580207

Model B-3HHA152

GVW 16000 pounds

Thanks in advance for your help

Scott

Dodgepilothouse.jpg

• Like 1

The truck was restored years ago so who knows what it started as. As far as the kingpins I pulled the axle out of the truck so I could use my H press to press the pins out. Long story short I used to much heat and pressure and smooshed the bottom of the axle out of whack. Stupid rookie mistake. Sometimes fewer tools are better:lol:

It's either a 52' or 53'.  I have a very nice 1.5 ton front axle from a 50' sitting in my shop. The truck had very few miles and a needed the rear axle and springs for my 49' camper I built. 

However!!!  Last week I saw what I thought was a 48-50 1 ton in fleet farm so I stopped and talked to the guy and looked in the cab to see it was a 51-53.  He said it started out a 48 but switched the cab to 52. 

Yes, it is a factory dump bed. I do not have many pictures of it yet. I have the front end all tore apart. I will try and post some more pics tonight. 

The B3 says it all.  Welcome and all that.  Great to have another Minnesota truck on the road!  Last I knew there were a couple big boys still out at Windy Hill by Anandale if you need parts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Todd B said:

I also have very good running boards and several other items for that model truck.

Todd, I also need a left fender, drivers side glass and some miscellaneous interior items

1 hour ago, jpwuertz said:

I believe Windy Hill auto parts is close to New London MN  and French Lake Auto Parts is near Annandale MN

true, I just go to both at the same time normally and always go thru Anandale! :)

• 3 weeks later...