B3 floor replacement

bergy

Hello to all

1953 b3 here. Just got my new front floor section from DCM classics. Very impressed with the guage and preciseness of detail. I had previeously had cut ouyt the floor from the the seat platform front. Now my question- on the driver side  I cut on the battery cover left side cut out going front to the cab mount- this left the floor section aprx 6 wide goiung forward to the mount  leaving the mount section in place. Now on the passenger side, I cut about 2 inches in from the sill beam,forward tot the cab mount. Now  should have I cut directly next to the sill frame beam on both sides? This would make  a cleaner look from underneath- BUT I would be taking away the floor strength contributing the the cab mounts in the corners. So without taking the cab off the frame -how did the rest of you address this step. It appears to me that new cab corner gussests would need to be fabricated and installed to keep the same integrity of the cab corner mount.