41 transmission help

homer41

I started looking at my 41 today and have transmission questions. Mine had a powershift, and it is disconnected is it the same except for the powershift provisions. I disconnected the rod that moves when you pull back on the shifter. That lever just flops around with no apparent movement inside, should it feel like it it moves components inside? The other linkage feels like it is shifting gears inside. I hope this makes sense.   Dave

Edited by homer41

Push the lever all the way in one direction and you will feel a spring loaded inch or so of travel. If not, push it the other way and do the same. It feels disconnected, but it only functions for a short travel. It's the selector arm that shifts movement from the 2-3 rail to the lo- reverse rail.

Edited by Niel Hoback

From what I recall it seems to go from stop to stop with no spring action. I will put a real critical eye on it today and give the results.  Well I checked again, no spring resistance so I'm guessing I have internal issues I will find when I disassemble.    Dave