removing grille bars on 41

homer41

I can only say a gentle, even, downward pull. BUT! You are not out of the woods yet! After doing what you need to do with the bars, and the sheet metal grill panel, you must get those little clips to agree to being put back on!!! There is where the chaos begins!!!

• Like 1

I WD'ed the back where the clips attach to the grill, then with a small block of wood on the top of the grill piece gave light taps to try to get each clip on the trim to move, then pulled to piece off.  I think restoration specialties sells new clips, but they are like $3 a piece.  I needed a couple pieces for my grill, found a used set on ebay that was reasonable that still had clips so between what i had and what was on those it came out cheaper than buying new ones.  The real hard part is getting those little buggers out of the trim piece. I might have a few extras if you lose a few in the removal.