Mystery Miller Factory Tool

desoto1939

Ok I have a Miller Factory Tool that was made in the Mid 1930's.

The object is for someone to guess what the tool was used for.

It has a Letter c - xxx.

Some hints. It is not a tool my wife uses to persude me to do some work around the house.

It is not a pickle fork for removing the tierod ends

It is not the tool that is used to remove the gasket and seal on the transmission.

The two ends have been coated with a plastic dip so as to protect the  area where this comes in contact with the car. I did the dip on the ends.

Also look close to the inner part of the tool. This tool is used to remove two items and are sort of connected to each other.

I will put up the final information in a couple of days along with the factory pictures and description taken from my Miller Catalog.

Hint you strike the top of the handle to remove something

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com.

cell 484-431-8157

DSC01483.JPG

DSC01484.JPG

Was it purchased in February 2017?

Its a tuning fork..........you hit the carby and/or dissy with it and once you hit those parts with the right amount of force and in the right place the car just humms along.............o/k........I've found my corner, going there now......andyd  

• Like 4

Bearing race removal tool?

DJ

Wild guess - rear  U spring shackle installation / clearance  ?

This is a two part tool. One of the operations of the tool has been discovered and that the inner part of the tool at the two upper most wedges is used to remove the front wheel bearing or grease cap and offically known as the hub cap. becsaue this is the cap over the hub of the front brake drum.

Ok so one more use of the tool still needs to be identified. This is an early Miller tool because of the C and three digit number on the tool.

Keep quessing someone is going to figure it out. 

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

After  some further investigation, I discovered the dimensions of the tool in question...;) 

1 minute ago, DonaldSmith said:

So the outer two wedges remove something bigger than a hubcap (the thing on the hub, not a wheel cover).  Hmmmm. 

Mr Smith you are sort of the winner.  The two inner wedges are used to remove the grease cap or as officaly knows as the hub cap.

The two outer splines are used to remove the dog dish outer wheel cover or as we call them the hubcap.

So Don has figured out the tool

Rich Hartung

58d8530bb484b_hubcapremovertool.png.94514de4c83adc153c42daed497df890.png