More Miller Factory Tools

desoto1939

I just acquired several more Miller Factory Tools and will try to post the pictures of the tools.

C-604 for all Dodge,Des, Chry and Ply hydraulically operated Trans. Trans reverse idler gear shift puller

C-609 for all fluid drive equiped cars.  This is the clutch driven plate aligning Arbor

C-625 this is a partila set of tools runner hub bearing and bushing puller

C-714 For all Dod, Des, Chry and Ply hydraulicially operated trans. Transmission poston return spring compressor.

C-716 for 1946-53 Dod,Des and Chry Hydraulically operated trans. Trans countershaft needle bearing assembly arbor

C-745 for all Ply,Dod, Des and Chry Sixes.This is the rear axle shft oil seal installing Sleeve. Not to be used on the Eight and 7 passenger cars

DD-286 or c-3181  for all models. Clutch shaft pilot bushing installing and burning tool.  Now I have both tools the DD and the C

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com.

DSC01476.JPG

DSC01477.JPG

DSC01478.JPG

DSC01479.JPG

DSC01480.JPG

DSC01481.JPG

DSC01482.JPG

• Like 1

A gentleman that knew that I collect these tools sent me an email with the pictures of the individula tools and then the descriptions are taken from my three Miller Tool catalogs that cover  from 1930-50's.

I do not use them all but it is just a nice assortment of various tools that are disappearing and this gets added to my collection and when I decided to sellthe 39 Desoto then the collection will then go up for sale.  But will rent out the various tools if needed.

Rich Hartung

Rich,

I am envious... I don't even have the C-716 M5/M6 countershaft arbor!

I collect the miller tools inorder to help the owners of these clssic MoPars so that they can keep them in running condition.  The factory tools make it much easier to do a job then trying to use a home made tool.  The prices have to be just right for me to purchase. Most of the tools that I have are also in the original Miller Metal tool boxes.

Dodgeb4ya. If you need the C-716 let me know.

Rich Hartung

• Like 3

When I used to work at the old Dodge, De Soto dealer in town, there were a couple of tool boards in the service area.  On the board were silhouettes of tools and numbers for "Special Shop Tools". The boards were neat but most of the tools were AWOL.

3 hours ago, Skrambler said:

Rich.

We will have to talk. I have quite a few original boxes of Miller Tools in my one storage area. You may be interested?

I am just North of Pittsburgh, PA. so not horribly far from you if you decide that these could help your collection. They are heavy!!!

I sent you a PM this morning

Good going Rich ! 

Since you loaned me some of your Miller collection last year I have been bit by this "bug".

Your fault LOL !

I've acquired several, including most of the Fluid Drive tools.

They have come in handy as you know.  As well as the catalogs.

Clay

Edited by Conn47D24

Clayton Thanks for posting the picture of the tool and how you used it on your distributor.  I co[pied the picture and put it into my Miller Power Point presentation on Miller Tools.

I now see that you have gotten hooked on acquiring the tools also and now you see the advantage.

Rich Hartung

• Like 1

Rich...

Thank You!!!!

Edited by Dodgeb4ya