How do I post pics

40plyguy

You shouldn't have to downsample large images anymore. It's done automatically when uploaded. This pic of Sunny, our new helper was 2.6 mb, but after uploading it was automatically downsampled to 70 kb. 

IMG_0858_2.JPG

• Like 1

I always set my camera to the lowest possible image size that is made for sending with email attachments and with this setting I have no issues with attaching a picture on the forum.

Rich Hartung

I go to my file and select one picture and open it but still get the message the picture is too big. 

Edited by dale
changed

21 hours ago, dale said:

I go to my file and select one picture and open it but still get the message the picture is too big. 

Did you just try dragging it to the paper clip area below this text box when you reply? 

trying to post a very large resolution picture

get message that you can only upload a 3mb file. tried the drag option and did not permit me and also used the choose files option. so i think that the size of the image does matter and suggest that you take a picture at the lowest resolution.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Man . . .  I still miss my Big Chief Tablet, and my box of 16 Crayola crayons. Along that same line—paper charts were a lot cheaper, and easier to use, than the EMR’s (electronic medical record systems) of today. Phones were for talking, and cameras were for taking photographs, and televisions were for watching (and they didn’t watch you back . . .).  It’s been said that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Well, I’ve never seen an occasion where that holds true. Man . . .  I really do still miss my Big Chief Tablet, and my box of crayons.

Hi Res photos are nice. Just pick one of the many FREE picture editor programs to reduce size when needed. I use MS PAINT most often, it's on every computer. Just save altered images under a different name than the original.

• Like 1