Another clutch return spring question

chrysler1941

Not 100% sure on a 1941 but all 1946-48 Chrysler cars have the spring hooked to a short 4" bracket that bolts to the bottom of the bell housing cover...

C39 Pedal Return Springs.JPG

35 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Not 100% sure on a 1941 but all 1946-48 Chrysler cars have the spring hooked to a short 4" bracket that bolts to the bottom of the bell housing cover...

C39 Pedal Return Springs.JPG

Thanks for the pic but this looks like a standard transmission with the small bell house. Fluid drive bell house is much longer and different in shape

No... this is a 1946 Chrysler 323.5 eight cylinder NewYorker 3 passenger coupe... M-5 transmission with the Fluid Drive coupling and factory  linkages.

My 48 T&C eight is the same as shown above.

001.JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

1 minute ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

No... this is a 1946 Chrysler 323.5 eight cylinder NewYorker 3 passenger coupe... M-5 transmission with the Fluid Drive coupling and factory designed linkages.

My 48 T&C eight is the same as shown.

Interesting. Why is this bracket not mentioned in the parts list and why is the hole in the clip shown as vertical and not horizontal ?

I'm showing you 1946-48 chrysler linkages and that return spring clip bracket.....six and eight are the same. I just know how they are assembled....

1942 DeSoto's with the M-4 trans are the same as thew two cars I've shown above.

As for the parts book and pictures don't know..

Another picture with that same spring return bracket....a very common return spring bracket on late 30's to 40's MoPar cars....

026.JPG

026.JPGStandard clutch spring shown

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

31 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

No... this is a 1946 Chrysler 323.5 eight cylinder NewYorker 3 passenger coupe... M-5 transmission with the Fluid Drive coupling and factory  linkages.

My 48 T&C eight is the same as shown above.

001.JPG

Sorry my bell housing is very different form all the picture you posted.  It must be twice the length

motor  kobling  sølv3.jpg

Try this photo.  The little gizmo to anchor the clutch spring is peeking out from the bottom of the upper bell housing.  

58d5c91d56b83_cutawayengine07.jpg.dde88ab2fe7ad9304ec80db1660dec9d.jpg

Another photo.  Spring anchor at the bottom front of the bell housing.  "Fluid Drive" coupling, clutch and semi-automatic transmission.   

58d5c9f469712_cutawayengine09.jpg.ed05aa8bbd1f1698bb0d89de2d9dd2f5.jpg

Edited by DonaldSmith
  • Like 1

Sorry I cannot help you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DonaldSmith said:

Try this photo.  The little gizmo to anchor the clutch spring is peeking out from the bottom of the upper bell housing.  

58d5c91d56b83_cutawayengine07.jpg.dde88ab2fe7ad9304ec80db1660dec9d.jpg

Another photo.  Spring anchor at the bottom front of the bell housing.  "Fluid Drive" coupling, clutch and semi-automatic transmission.   

58d5c9f469712_cutawayengine09.jpg.ed05aa8bbd1f1698bb0d89de2d9dd2f5.jpg

Yes there it is ! Looks a bit different but same principal. What is this? a demo setup? Is it yours?