Tail light questions

Just working on getting my tail light installed and came across a couple questions. First only 2 wires come into it, one for the running light and one for the brake light. So question is how does it ground? Through the tail light mounting bolts?  Next is the license plate light lens, it just flops around in its spot, I am not able to get it tightt in there. Anybody have this problem at some point and come up with a n easy fix?

16 hours ago, jpartington said:

Ok sounds good on the ground. There is no separate  license plate bulb in the housing just one light bulb in the whole housing. It is the lens that I am having trouble with 

thank you

should be a gasket between the glass and the housing and plate behind it all to hold it down.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jpartington said:

I'm definately missing that then. I have to see if I can find one

simple cork gasket you can cut and the metal backer can be made with some .060 or .048 steel with a hole for the mounting screws so you can put the nut on back, or use a weld nut or rivet nut.  Just make them fit as you think they would and you'll be fine.