P-15 Business Coupe

dudley32

Driveable is ALWAYS good.providing it also stops. Many of us spend years gathering and rebuilding parts just to be able to drive a old car for the first time.

15 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Many of us spend years gathering and rebuilding parts just to be able to drive a old car for the first time.

I've been working on old cars for years...I wanted something I could drive now and work on later instead of the other way around..:)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dudley32 said:

I've been working on old cars for years...I wanted something I could drive now and work on later instead of the other way around..:)

A point of view I am starting to appreciate  more with each day that passes.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, kbuhagiar said:

Dudley32,

Nice car...looks familiar! :cool:

Any more details (drivetrain, suspension, etc.)?

3 hours ago, YukonJack said:

Nice looking coupe. Anymore pictures? 

Thanks Guys...it was a craigslist car...all Mopar (340 sixpack, 4 speed)...out of a '71 duster...nice little lopey cam...

58d38829693f7_01313_aAguhCq93V3_600x4501949sixpack.jpg.31207c8531319557911c772504b0112c.jpg

58d3886e6b945_00x0x_jIYBni1OciD_600x4501949sixbarrel.jpg.d7a2258b07d8a09e22e320f0875d3743.jpg

front suspension is Mustang with tubular A arms...58d3895100f37_00m0m_963RVZeFr3h_600x4501949Aarm.jpg.0289adc633f88e88b5d992ee26d83f04.jpg

Edited by dudley32
  • Like 1

WOW... Those 340s are high buck..  Whats the rear end...Must really burn.

Edited by dale
change

9 hours ago, dudley32 said:

Thanks Guys...it was a craigslist car...all Mopar (340 sixpack, 4 speed)...out of a '71 duster...nice little lopey cam...

Yikes! That intake and air cleaner setup sells for more than I paid for my 42 Dodge coupe. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a factory 3x2 setup or even a air cleaner for sale or on a car that wasn't a dedicated duster/barracuda/etc show car.

I would rather have a 340 than have a hemi.

8 hours ago, dale said:

WOW... Those 340s are high buck..  Whats the rear end...Must really burn.

Not sure what gear ratio I have...seems a little high...not for burn-outs...probably a good road gear...also it's not an 8 3/4, but I haven't crawled under it yet to take a look

8 hours ago, Flatie46 said:

Good looking car, I like the stance. If you don't mind me asking what's the tire sizes and rim widths? 

Looks like 245/60/15's on front on 7's and 275/60/15 out back with maybe 8's...it has been mini-tubbed

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Yikes! That intake and air cleaner setup sells for more than I paid for my 42 Dodge coupe. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a factory 3x2 setup or even a air cleaner for sale or on a car that wasn't a dedicated duster/barracuda/etc show car.

I would rather have a 340 than have a hemi.

Thanks...the guy I got it from said the six pack was worth some real change...I talked to the guy one night drove two hours and bought it the next morning...He had some really nice cars, numbers matching stuff. Enjoyed talking with him.

Edited by dudley32

3 minutes ago, dudley32 said:

Thanks...the guy I got it from said the six pack was worth some real change...I talked to the guy one night drove two hours and bought it the next morning...

Can't blame you. There is not one single engine in the world I would rather have for any of my cars than a 70-71 340,and the tri-power with the breather is just icing on the cake.

BTW,I owned a 71 340 Duster in 72. Have nothing but fond memories of that car. If I were rich,I'd own another one.

Hell,I wish I could afford to buy a really nice ORIGINAL 70-71 slant 6 Duster or Dart with auto and factory ac to drive every day.

I really appreciate all the kind words. I thought I'd found a good car and now you guys have confirmed it...I'll add more pictures as I work on some things...thanks again for making me welcome here.

27 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Can't blame you. There is not one single engine in the world I would rather have for any of my cars than a 70-71 340,and the tri-power with the breather is just icing on the cake.

BTW,I owned a 71 340 Duster in 72. Have nothing but fond memories of that car. If I were rich,I'd own another one.

Hell,I wish I could afford to buy a really nice ORIGINAL 70-71 slant 6 Duster or Dart with auto and factory ac to drive every day.

I can hook you up with this one.....

IMG_20160712_114134.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

I can hook you up with this one.....

IMG_20160712_114134.jpg

Thank for the offer. It's even the "right" color for me if it loses the venereal top,but I am too old and have too many physical issues to even think about taking on even a mostly complete project.  That one is not only missing the 340,it's missing everything but the body shell.

3 hours ago, dudley32 said:

Looks like 245/60/15's on front on 7's and 275/60/15 out back with maybe 8's...it has been mini-tubbed

If you don't mind, and if  it ain't too much trouble, while you still got the camera out... post a pic of the trunk and the mini tub's...ole buddy:D

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:36 PM, Flatie46 said:

If you don't mind, and if  it ain't too much trouble, while you still got the camera out... post a pic of the trunk and the mini tub's...ole buddy:D

Finally got the trunk back open...had to pull the front wheel and hook up a battery charger to the starter...trunk has a popper...I disconnected the battery (in the trunk) and shut the lid...I immediately knew what I'd done lol...

SANY0001.JPG.927cd58be43b5019e64f0330bc69262e.JPG

BTW car has had floors replaced from firewall to trunk lid...springs are relocated about 2 inches inboard...would take a pretty wide tire...not that I'm interested...

Edited by dudley32
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, knuckleharley said:

Thank for the offer. It's even the "right" color for me if it loses the venereal top,but I am too old and have too many physical issues to even think about taking on even a mostly complete project.  That one is not only missing the 340,it's missing everything but the body shell.

simple fix, remove drivers side door lock,replace everything inboard of the lock itself....reaffix lock...good to go

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

simple fix, remove drivers side door lock,replace everything inboard of the lock itself....reaffix lock...good to go

HAH! Like I am stupid enough to fall for THAT for the 17th time!

• Like 1