Youth race car drivers

pflaming

My parts counterman shared with me that kids at age 4 can start driving in the 4-8 age group in the  mini sprint cars. Anyone have some pictures of those cars and is that age group  national age? 

You might want to ask your parts man what "he" means by "mini" sprint. I'm here in the east coast, and there is a plethora of names for many kinds of what we call "small car" types of race cars. Many of the different ones are regional to different parts of the country. While I have seen kids as young as 12 or 14 yrs. in full size race cars, I am of the opinion that 4 yrs is to young for what I call a mini sprint. We have what is called "kid karts" for racers in the 4-8 yr age before they move up to regular go karts. He may be talking about 1/4 midgets, sort of a go kart with a roll cage, and unlike a go kart with no suspension, they have a suspension. And I believe they start as young as 4 or 5 yrs, and are on a national level. They kind of look like a sprint car.

Be forewarned, racing is demanding and addictive. Oh, and get your wallet out. But it is a lot of fun if you can stick with it.

I did use the tern "sprint " very loosely. The young age was what caught my attention, the types of "racer" cars are foreign to me. TKS for the clarifications. May need to go watch a couple of races.