Dodges close to home

5 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Looks like some decent projects if one wants a big truck

No doubt about that.  This last visit the guy had a convention to attend so he had to run.  I walked and talked with his brother for a bit and then he let me wander the yard at my leisure, which was awful nice of him.  Next visit I will be negotiating prices on these two 47's.  I think they can be had reasonably.  The guy is ready to sell.  He and his brother have just accumulated quite a bit of stuff/junk over the years and its time to realize they're not going to get to it all.  That's where I come in :D

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Worden18 said:

No doubt about that.  This last visit the guy had a convention to attend so he had to run.  I walked and talked with his brother for a bit and then he let me wander the yard at my leisure, which was awful nice of him.  Next visit I will be negotiating prices on these two 47's.  I think they can be had reasonably.  The guy is ready to sell.  He and his brother have just accumulated quite a bit of stuff/junk over the years and its time to realize they're not going to get to it all.  That's where I come in :D

Ed and I can always see if we can tag along...just saying! :D

• Like 2

On 3/21/2017 at 8:07 PM, Worden18 said:

Here's the 800 dump

20.jpg

I worked for a farmer years ago when I was 16 that had one of these.  I can't remember if it had a Cummins or a Detroit in it but it was constantly breaking down on him so he took it to a John Deere dealer that did a lot of Chrysler industrial engines for irrigation wells.  They put a 413 in it and it ran like a raped ape.   

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 7:47 PM, Worden18 said:

There's a farm less than 10 miles from me that I drive by at least once a week.  There's so many trucks and old semis parked around the property its kinda crazy.  A lot of those trucks are Dodges.

I thought for sure you were talking about 48Dodger ...

• Haha 1

Next time. Call me 515-276-7877 Des Moines, IA. 50310.  I'll come get you at your convenience and we can meet Gary and anyone else who wants to join us there and have a Dodge Gathering.  I just received my 1953 B 3 RA dump truck on the 03/31/2017 complete Licensed titled insured 306 ( T320) engine 8' dump box Radio SW cable driven Tack,  and I'm still discovering other goodies every day.  It's 64" cab to rear axel / must have been at tractor when it was borne.  Not turning yet, but soon.  Charlie Stephenson

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 9:12 PM, TrampSteer said:

I thought for sure you were talking about 48Dodger ...

He is not the only one....  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1