engine numbers

homer41

I just got the build sheet on my 41. It shows the engine to be a p12 but on my title it says p10. Would it be safe  to say  it has an older replacement  engine?  Dave

I always heard that P10 was the 1940 "Special Deluxe" and the P9 was the "Deluxe" and "Base Plymouth"

For 1941, I understood it was P11 for the Base, and Deluxe", and P12 for the "Special Deluxe" models.

Looks as if an error could have been made at some point on your title?

The Plymouth engine numbers for both series were the higher DeLuxe series model number, starting with the 1936 models.  .

The 1941 Plymouths (P11 Roadking, P11D Deluxe and P12 Special DeLuxe in the U.S.) all used engines with the P12 prefix.   Thus that engine would be correct for 1941.

The 1940 models were P9 Roadking and P10 DeLuxe.  Thus the 1940 engines were all P10.

According to you the build record says it should be P12, while the title says it should be P10. 

So, what engine number is actually stamped on the engine?

Bill

Edited by B-Watson
corection