Anybody going to the Charlotte Autofair?

Flatie46

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/  I usually go to the spring event and sometimes the  fall. Always have a great time, bought my fender trim at a good price there last year. I bought a lot for my other projects.  If you have any parts laying around bring 'em.

I used to go twice a year to Charlotte....I eventually quit and the main reason was many vendors not returning and many quit bringing their wares and instead only taking orders from their catalog and will ship to you.  Some of the stuff is expensive to ship....so not putting my hands on the stuff was a big disappointment.  The real value as it is with any swap meet is the guy cleaning out the shop/garage and with this it is always a hit or miss.  I also usually did Thursday and Friday and lots of the local boy did not set up till I was back home.  6 hour drive one way just got to be to much with the trend of "taking orders" verse delivering goods on the spot.  I wish you the best and hope you find some good stuff.  The swap meet today was improperly advertised so we all just turned around and came home.  Next meet is just around the corner and for the most part pretty good.

Yea I would have been frustrated under those circumstances too. I guess I've been going for 6 or 7 years. Usually me and some buddies load up and get there early Thursday and leave mid-day Sunday. My experience Thursday hasn't been too promising in the past except for last spring (I didn't make it last fall). Last spring Thursday was pretty thick with the average Joe selling parts. Which is what I look for mainly. To be honest I've not bought many parts from the business Vendors really until last spring. I bought patch panels for my old 70 Chevy truck. Lord knows they bring loads of Chevy truck parts, patch panels and the like. I really hadn't tried to buy anything for my Plymouth other than used parts or NOS. I did look at wiring harnesses but maybe that don't count cause it was a universal kit. One of my friends ordered some parts from Hubbard's and called ahead, he picked his parts up there and it worked out well. Tim that is quite a drive just to be disappointed, I do think that it has grown quite a bit over the last few years. I wish there were more Mopar parts but unless you go to a Mopar meet we always seem to play second fiddle to the other brands. I like the fact that you never know what you might see. A guy had WW2 airplane parts, Wings and such year before last, last year saw 1917 Harley frame and parts, you just never know what you will see.