1930 Dodge "off road" promo video

Geekay

This is an excellent video in New Zealand of a modern day off road trek in various 1930's vehicles, including some repairs along the way. Worth watching just for the beautiful Kiwi scenery. And some bagpipe playing at the end!:D

As a bonus about 3 minutes in is a short 1930's Dodge promotional video of a Dodge showing off its capabilities on rugged rocky off road "track".  

Edited by Geekay
add information
  • Like 7

That's a cool show, thanks for posting. I love cars and trucks from the 30's, would probably own one but they're made pretty small inside and I'm pretty big. :unsure:

On 3/16/2017 at 2:06 PM, Geekay said:

This is an excellent video in New Zealand of a modern day off road trek in various 1930's vehicles, including some repairs along the way. Worth watching just for the beautiful Kiwi scenery. And some bagpipe playing at the end!:D

As a bonus about 3 minutes in is a short 1930's Dodge promotional video of a Dodge showing off its capabilities on rugged rocky off road "track".  

Awwww...  I wanna do a trip like that!  What a great adventure!

On 3/16/2017 at 2:30 PM, Flatie46 said:

That's a cool show, thanks for posting. I love cars and trucks from the 30's, would probably own one but they're made pretty small inside and I'm pretty big. :unsure:

After losing 100 lbs, I STILL have the same issue.  But I love the cars from the 1930's, so being a sardine kinda comes along with the hobby.  LOL

I'm 6'4 and 260. I sat in a 34 Ford truck when I was in high school. I was about 220 then, I remember I could easily touch the pasenger door from the driver seat without much leaning. A friend has a 30'a model truck he's extended the cab to give more leg room a a place to put your coat or whatever. If I ever owned one this would be a must. In my 46 Plymouth I may mount the seat back a bit. It's ok the way it is but I would like a bit more leg room if I could.

Great video Reminds me when a group of us would drive over to the bay to birdwood run took two days to get to Adelaide from Geelong . Great roadtrips All cars from early 20s two late thirties