Broken Sun Visor Base

I have a 51 B3B undergoing a full original restoration. Does anyone know the type of metal from which the visor base brackets are made? My driver side is broken (upper bracket in the photo). Are they aluminum or pot metal? If I knew the type of metal then I might be able to weld or braze a new section onto the broken part and thereby restore it to original. The base brackets aren't magnetic so they aren't cast iron or steel. (The rods ARE steel, but the bases are something else.)

Visor Bases.jpg

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B
added some wording

1 hour ago, Jocko_51_B3B said:

Thanks. I'll see what DCM has available. I saw a drivers side on eBay for $80. That's what got me thinking about a repair.

DCM repopped both passenger and drivers...passenger sides were rare as hen's teeth

Any chance that crock-a-doodle knows of a source for the visor material...? or has anyone found a way to refurb these things themselves? I'm a ways off from that even mattering.  JB thanks for the great wire diag. That's the next to-do on my list just ordered the connectors, refurbed the two switches, the spedo and collected a bunch of wire.

At some point in this build, I'll get back to the visors, it would be nice to get them looking sharp too. I found an old radio in my parts heap, gotta see if that works too, never had a tube radio before... Was ahead of its time, now they call it YOUTube and it's got moving pictures!   Would you connect radio to the "GA" on key switch?

I have tig welded a number of items but got to admit that I have not had one of these to play with so I cannot say if or if not a viable fix...If mine I would try to tig first...what the heck, it is already broken right?  Now if that arm is pressed fit with interference rubber media, it will ruin the ability to stay in place so welding would be out of the question.