disc brakes for my b3b

I got the rusty hope kit for xmas and started takeing the front brakes apart today I got the spindles off and cleaned them up I hope tomorrow to find the drill bits and tap but most likely will have to get on line or just send to rusty hope to do. everything came apart easier than I thought it would . I have read alot of threads in regards to doing this I read about a spacer that goes on the spindle that I might have to use a center punch on the spindle to tighten it up I didn't get that part in my kit and I didn't see a part # for it  Is this not needed on a b3b? from the guys here what was the hardest part of this job so far it seems pretty straight forward I have all the parts to do the job but the inner bearings and this spacer that I am not sure I need yet. thanks for any input or things I should look out for.  Neil