56 dodge c3 jobrated build thread

Ok this is her husband Jerry now and I should have had her mention this before but Ive had Sarcoma which is a type a cancer. The tumor was removed and im doing good with no signs of it coming back. But because of that, I have alot of time on my hands and not so much on the money part. Body work and sheet metal work is easy enough to do and with all the time in the world at the moment I should get the 49 looking like the 56 pretty quick. Now rebuilding a motor we dont have the money at the moment for that. The trade has nothing to do with the looks it has more to do with what we can afford. Also if I was as able of a mechanic as most of you are on the forums then I would stick with the 56 since I dont see much of them out there.

Oh btw......how is everyone doing? I do hope in good health and in good spirit.....

7 hours ago, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

Ok this is her husband Jerry now and I should have had her mention this before but Ive had Sarcoma which is a type a cancer. The tumor was removed and im doing good with no signs of it coming back. But because of that, I have alot of time on my hands and not so much on the money part. Body work and sheet metal work is easy enough to do and with all the time in the world at the moment I should get the 49 looking like the 56 pretty quick. Now rebuilding a motor we dont have the money at the moment for that. The trade has nothing to do with the looks it has more to do with what we can afford. Also if I was as able of a mechanic as most of you are on the forums then I would stick with the 56 since I dont see much of them out there.

Oh btw......how is everyone doing? I do hope in good health and in good spirit.....

well then if you do make that trade I would expect a little $ thrown in with the 49

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Young Ed said:

well then if you do make that trade I would expect a little $ thrown in with the 49

I had considered that as well but I think my wife (Lord help her) forgot to mention that the truck that we are giving in the trade is just a rolling chasis. It wont be going with a radiator, motor, bellhousing, tranny, or even the wiring harness that we have for it. And thats just the main parts that im going to mention. That was the deal we had struck up with the other person cause he preferred it this way, due to him installing newer components and drive train into the 56.

Thank you for the advice and looking out for our sake in this matter by mentioning that.

LOL  I also need to tell my wife to stop leaving out the details....... :D

Just now, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

I had considered that as well but I think my wife (Lord help her) forgot to mention that the truck that we are giving in the trade is just a rolling chasis. It wont be going with a radiator, motor, bellhousing, tranny, or even the wiring harness that we have for it. And thats just the main parts that im going to mention. That was the deal we had struck up with the other person cause he preferred it this way, due to him installing newer components and drive train into the 56.

Thank you for the advice and looking out for our sake in this matter by mentioning that.

LOL  I also need to tell my wife to stop leaving out the details....... :D

I'd still say a freshly painted rolling chassis is worth more than a complete project truck 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

I'd still say a freshly painted rolling chassis is worth more than a complete project truck 

In your opinion now how much on top should we ask for?

By the way its a pleasure to meet you im Jerry

13 minutes ago, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

In your opinion now how much on top should we ask for?

By the way its a pleasure to meet you im Jerry

Depends a lot on the 49. You said it ran. It is rebuilt or just a runner? How are the brakes? Has anything been redone or just old stuff that may or may not work? Those 2 lowest grill bars appear to be missing and replaced with something else. Those are hard to find in stainless to match the top one. Also the parking lights and headlight rings appear to be missing. Anything else missing?

17 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Depends a lot on the 49. You said it ran. It is rebuilt or just a runner? How are the brakes? Has anything been redone or just old stuff that may or may not work? Those 2 lowest grill bars appear to be missing and replaced with something else. Those are hard to find in stainless to match the top one. Also the parking lights and headlight rings appear to be missing. Anything else missing?

Now that you mentioned it my husband has a itch to go look at the truck with a fine tooth comb. So I will be getting back to you in a couple of hours. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. To be honest when we first went to see the truck there was a bunch of things in front of it so we did not notice the grill. My husband was to busy looking at the engine and interior.  

Didnt you guys pick up a running 318 for the 56? If so, what else needs to be done to the motor to get it running? The 49 looks like alot more work, especially with the missing pieces. And as others have stated, it runs, but is it actually driveable?

• 5 weeks later...

IMG_20170724_210423313.jpg.0f4fd05992efb8a6ac33ae2130f8f66b.jpg

Well thought id post these up, due to the fact that im having a really hard time giving the truck up. It's because of the truck but also because we were part of something bigger....p15 d24 & the Mopar world. Anyways I'm gonna do all I can to keep the truck where it belongs and that's here at home. Jerry....

The grille pieces I still need to straighten so I didn't mind the over spray plus wanted to see how it was going to look. I'm kind of impatient at times like a kid in a candy store lol.

IMG_20170724_210139998.jpg

Edited by 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck

8 hours ago, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

IMG_20170724_210423313.jpg.0f4fd05992efb8a6ac33ae2130f8f66b.jpg

Well thought id post these up, due to the fact that im having a really hard time giving the truck up. It's because of the truck but also because we were part of something bigger....p15 d24 & the Mopar world. Anyways I'm gonna do all I can to keep the truck where it belongs and that's here at home. Jerry....

Sounds like you made the right decision - sometimes it is hard to let go, even (especially?) if its "just an old Dodge truck".  Good luck as you work towards completion!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

Well I had a hard time getting my husband to let go of the 56. But yes I finally did get him to let it go. But only and I stress only because I got him this 1940 Dodge truck.IMG_20170803_181808390.jpg.315b58755792642f85def4ed01b0240d.jpg

That's a 46 or 47 from the grill. 

Yes it's a 47 I believe but what was an added bonus for me was seeing the heavy duty rear axle, and the hi low switch on the gear shift. Its rough...intact but rough well at least for the most part. I was hoping that I'd be able to find a truck with this body style and I'm glad the treasure hunt is over. But for $800 I am not complaining it's condition. Just super excited to get it home. But anyways here she is in all her glory.......soon she will be  in our garage getting herself ready for a second chance at life.

00j0j_iRwK4u3EOLA_600x450.jpg

01515_5nvO9CIitB_600x450.jpg

Edited by 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pflaming said:
6 minutes ago, pflaming said:

Hey Elimart, I'm just north of you in Reedley. Have a two man task, contact me, I'll.come. Need to meet anyway! 

IMG_6701.JPG

Message us with your number and we can talk about meeting.