56 dodge c3 jobrated build thread

9 hours ago, The Oil Soup said:

Yes, I see them now. Available here. https://www.wheelvintiques.com/wheels/chrysler-police.html

thank you very much for the link I really like that site and its pretty cheap compared to others. we are thinking to go with the baby moon caps with the vintage v8 logo on them from the site. we think itll give our a great look.

4 hours ago, 59bisquik said:

I have always liked the this wheel. American Racing calls it the Salt Flat Special and Rocket calls it the Ignitor. Gives it that old school magnesium race look.

th.jpeg

My husband said he likes these and now he might want to go with these. But he is not sure what he wants to go with now.

Edited by 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck

Don't get me wrong, the steelies with hubcaps look nice. I just get a little tired of them and especially in red. I love the look of the old magnesium wheels and you don't see too many of this style on cars/trucks at the shows. 

4 hours ago, wayfarer said:

Very Nice.

I just wish that 'they' would put the valve stem some place else.....

Maybe if you used some "almost flat" valve stems like this-

Screenshot (10).png

On 6/16/2017 at 2:54 PM, DJ194950 said:

Maybe if you used some "almost flat" valve stems like this-

Screenshot (10).png

I bought some Coys brand wheels for my '55 Chevy a couple of years ago.  It came equipped with these inboard of the "spokes" on the wheel.  They are hard to see and make a great accessory.

The drawback (and there is always a drawback) is that when checking or adding air, the little cap can end up hiding next to a disc brake caliper.  Then you must roll the vehicle a little to access the cap.

And they will not work when the stem is not in a flat spot as pictured.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:59 PM, 59bisquik said:

Or the original American Racing Salt Flat Special. A tad different than the Ignitor which is kind of a replica...

VN470Gray.jpg

We like thes as well. My husband just might go with these rims but then he would have to change the grey on the truck to match the grey on the rims.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

red is dead...!!!!  :lol:

We went with these colors because bisquik had posted some pictures of other cars from a car show he was in and we liked the colors. All my husband did was change the color scheme and made the grey a lighter grey in hopes it would come out nice. We know that you say red is id dead but thank the good Lord above that the truck is ours not yours. Not trying to be rude but everyone is entitled to there own opinion. But curious what colors would you have gone with?

Edited by 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck

1 hour ago, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

On 6/15/2017 at 2:30 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

red is dead...!!!!  :lol:

I was and pretty sure Plymouthy were talking about the Red wheels, not the paint job on the truck. The red wheels get really old if you attend a lot of shows. Many times there just seems to be endless seas of red wheels on every color of car imaginable.

As for gray on the wheels, it's kind of a throwback to the magnesium look. I think it would be ok that the gray on the truck and the  wheels didn't match. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

We like thes as well. My husband just might go with these rims but then he would have to change the grey on the truck to match the grey on the rims.

59 minutes ago, wayfarer said:

...the colors on your truck look just fine. Explore your options for wheels.

yup any reason why you wouldn't paint those wheels to match the truck instead of the other way around?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wayfarer said:

...the colors on your truck look just fine. Explore your options for wheels.

Thank you. Does it look like the lowrider look? Hopefully not... That was not the look we were going for.

We wanted to be just a little different with the color scheme. We know the colors are a little played out and we are now thinking we should have gone with our first choice of colors which were turquoius and grey or a yellow and white. Not a dark yellow but more of a softer yellow and a off white. My husband just might change the color of the truck. 

My husband has not really done to much work on the truck. That is only because it has been 112 degrees for the past 3 days here.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, 56 dodge c3 jobrated truck said:

Thank you. Does it look like the lowrider look? Hopefully not... That was not the look we were going for.

We wanted to be just a little different with the color scheme. We know the colors are a little played out and we are now thinking we should have gone with our first choice of colors which were turquoius and grey or a yellow and white. Not a dark yellow but more of a softer yellow and a off white. My husband just might change the color of the truck. 

My husband has not really done to much work on the truck. That is only because it has been 112 degrees for the past 3 days here.

Turquois and grey would also look good, somewhat dependent on the shade of each. In High school I had a 1955 Pontiac that was turquoise and black.....my buddies called it the 'bruise'....:P...won't recommend that combo...

• Like 1

I HAVE A UPDATE FOR EVERYONE...................

We might be getting rid of our truck. But dont worry it is only due to us getting a 1949 split window Dodge. It has the original engine that runs which helps us out alot due to the fact that we are on a limited budget. The only thing is we will have to go through painting the truck all over again. But that is the good thing cause it is a blank canvas. Dont get us wrong we have grown very attached to her.

Here is a picture of the 49 Dodge we might be getting......  Hopefully with the help of the man upstairs everything will work out for the better.

Screenshot_2017-06-22-20-42-13.png

12 hours ago, wayfarer said:

Turquois and grey would also look good, somewhat dependent on the shade of each. In High school I had a 1955 Pontiac that was turquoise and black.....my buddies called it the 'bruise'....:P...won't recommend that combo...

LOL 

You have already put a lot of work into the 56 and in my opinion it's a much better looking truck than the earlier models. Stick with it and soon you will be on the road!

The 49 might look like a good plan since it runs, but it might also have how many other problems you don't know about? The photo makes it look a bit rough in comparison to the truck you already have.

Lastly, your 56 already has a V8 in it. The 49 will be going back to the flathead L6. If you plan on doing a lot of freeway or highway driving, the V8 should be a much more pleasant experience. 

I will be proving that theory to myself hopefully very soon!

Edited by 59bisquik

If that was my '49, I'd trade for your '56, too!  Since (and only because) you asked, my advice is not to be distracted by a running truck - the effort you would need to "catch it up" to your '56's condition would get the '56 on the road in fine fashion.  Unless there is something about the '49 that is really worth it to you.....