spark plug wires

buivi64

for all the old timers and pros out there, what is the best way to crimp the spark plug fittings on a new set of plug wires? I have wire crimpers but am not sure if that is the right tool for the job seeing as it only crimps in 2 places, any tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance

as ccjack says, there is a special crimper that performs the exact roll of the metal into the insulation of  the conductor..trying to do this with other style crimpers or pliers will get the job done to a degree but will suffer in effective grip and overall cosmetic appearance and often cuts the insulation in such a manner that the grip you do have is less than sufficient

• Like 1

Can someone post a picture of the tool. I think most of us have used the old pliers to crimp the ends on to the wires.  I have never seen the tool so an example would be great for all of us to see.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

5 minutes ago, desoto1939 said:

Can someone post a picture of the tool. I think most of us have used the old pliers to crimp the ends on to the wires.  I have never seen the tool so an example would be great for all of us to see.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

there are a variety of styles and sizes to select from....go to e-bay and look at what is offered...easy to find examples of the tool......study the better made unit and observe the manner in which the die end is fashioned to ensure the proper roll of the connector when affixed

Shown is a USA good quality Belden H-Duty crimping tool used for all spark plug wire terminal ends...

Spoark Plug Wire Terminals Belden Tool.JPG

Spoark Plug Wire Terminals Belden Tool (7).JPG

Spoark Plug Wire Terminals Belden Tool (8).JPG

• Like 5

Dodgeb4U:  Thanks for posting a picture of the tool and also the example of how the tool is used to crimp the ends of the spark plug wires.  The two pictures are worth the 1000 words.

Rich Hartung

7 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Shown is a USA good quality Belden H-Duty crimping tool used for all spark plug wire terminal ends...

It's great to have quality tools  in your tool box - Made in U.S.A. My crimping tool I've had for many years is also made in the U.S.A. and is a pleasure to use. 

10 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Spoark Plug Wire Terminals Belden Tool.JPG

Spoark Plug Wire Terminals Belden Tool (7).JPG

Spoark Plug Wire Terminals Belden Tool (8).JPG

Mine looks almost exactly like that crimper.  The stripper on the end is so handy when making the wires the proper length.