master cylinder shaft pin length

mightmo52

All 1949-52 pedal shaft/M/cylinder  pins are all the same part#.

Of course I have no idea as for your DeSoto because you don't state the model and year.

1954 DeSoto S19...V8      S20 Power Master 6 are are different parts #'s than the 1949-52 Plymouth cars... 

does anyone know how long certain cars master cylinder shaft pin is ? i just want to know the different size length's that pertain to Plymouth dodges etc.  i checked the parts book and it shows some length info but im not sure if it correct. thanks maurice. 

thanks very much don, can you please tel lme what the total length of your shaft pin is? 6 inches ? thanks for the pic. '

is there any mopar book that shows the lengths of the shaft ? 

Edited by mightmo52

33 minutes ago, mightmo52 said:

thanks very much Don C, do you think the pins are interchangeable can you use a 4 inch pin in 48 plymouth for example ? the pin i took out of the wagon was only about 4 inches?

Well this is the P-15, D-24 forum as both of the P-15 and D-24 cars are 1946-1948. So the picture of the P-15 pin that is 5 inches long was designed for a 1948 Plymouth. I suppose it is possible to use a four inch pin in a 1948 Plymouth master cylinder but you would have to make all new skinny pedals and re-engineer both the clutch and brake pedal linkage as it would no longer line up. It might possibly cost less to have a replacement 5 inch pin fabricated at a machine shop. What exactly are you trying to do? A 1951 Plymouth master cylinder and linkage setup is not the same as a P-15. Pictured below is a P-15 setup.

14.jpg