Headlights

JPP

I have recently purchased some 6006H headlights from Napa, thinking they we dual beam.  When installed, I get low beam and when I press on light switch I get no lights.  Does anyone know if these are indeed dual beam?  Napa couldn't tell me for sure but said they sell them all the time..Thanks

4613530617_b9.jpg

Bad dimmer switch?

• Like 2

I bought the dimmer NOS in the original box, real clean, still wrapped in oily paper.  I will test it for continuity.  As for wiring the dimmer, I have four wires going to it, does anyone have the diagram.  I have the red and orange wires going to a ganged up daul post and the yellow and black are isolated.  

• Like 1

check your switch pinout with the ohm meter when you do your continuity check...one post will read from there to only one terminal and then when switched will read to the other terminal...find common B+ input in this manner if no wiring drawing came with the switch...the post with the two wires is for high beam and the second of the two wires is for the high beam indicator on the dash...

3 hours ago, JPP said:

I bought the dimmer NOS in the original box, real clean, still wrapped in oily paper.  I will test it for continuity.  As for wiring the dimmer, I have four wires going to it, does anyone have the diagram.  I have the red and orange wires going to a ganged up daul post and the yellow and black are isolated.  

may or may not help

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/wiring_harness/wiring.htm

A pic of the switch for all 1946-48 Mopars...

TN  Wiring.JPG

• Like 1