Oil pressure

fargo52

OK my low  oil pressure situation is back , I have 15 psi on cold engine start up then after 60 seconds of running   oil pressure drops to 10 then fluctuates to 5psi then back up to 10 then down to 2-5 psi then back every 5seconds and continues to do that , unless I increase the throttle then it might go to 15 at about 1500rpm .

Some one has bent the lower metal shield on your oil pick up with pliers or some tool. It shows a ragged edge.

Possibly the upper oil PU float stop is bent wrong and the PU float is staying too high.There is no O-ring...just be sure the float does not hang up and is orientated as per the book.

I'd dump another quart in to see if it temporarily solves the problem.

You have checked everything else!

• Like 1

I am going to do an oil change and see if the oil pickup swivel is a concern , I pulled the filler tube and will use the inspection camera to see what height the currant level is in relationship to the swivel and report back . 

• Like 1

So I put the inspection camera down the oil filler hole and noticed the floating pickup seemed a bit to high and thought it was oddly close to the front of the pan , so I poked it with the end of the camera and it was not floating  it was stuck against the front of the pan. Pushed again on it and it dropped down and is now floating and I have 42 psi at idle .  So my only conclusion is that the top half of the suction tube that is threaded into the bottom of the block has moved and had repositioned the tube  not allowing the lower part to float, I did just have the pan off I may have jammed the pick up tube then . otherwise it is working normal no engine damage done crisis has been diverted . 

If the clutch pedal is rubbing on the way down you may also have wear on the bore of the pedal casting. Some wear more on the drivers side of the bore because the pedal is offset and the leverage when applying the clutch pushes in that direction over the long length. I was able to add shim washers to the shaft and that held the pedal perpendicular to the pivot shaft . That eliminated the problem for me till I can put a bushing in the pedal.