54 dodge brake drum anchor bolts help

tattooman43

I cleaned the back plates real good and I don't know which anchor bokt goes in which hole there's a longer one and shorter...how i have it now the longer anchor bolt is in the right hole short one in left hole...is this right...working on them now..new shoes came in also the old felt washers are gone do I need new ones or will I be ok...thanks

37 minutes ago, tattooman43 said:

Do you know what size castle nut goes on the sterling arms....I went to lowes,tractor supply and fastneal they are saying metric m14 1.5...I can't find them nowhere 

They are certainly not metric. They should be something like 7/16 1/2 etc thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 10:42 AM, tattooman43 said:

should the bar that runs from one side of the back plate to the other be completely straight mine has a small bend

Are you talking about the tie rod ? The tie rod goes from one side of the truck to the other side of the truck . My tie rod was bent so I just put it in the vise and pulled it back straight . I might have used a pipe for leverage . 

12 hours ago, Buttiman53 said:

The tie rod on my B3B also has a bend. Always thought it was part of the tighter turning radius feature for the "B" series. 

On the B-Series the Drag Link, that connects the steering box to the right side wheel, should have a bend it it. The Tie Rod, that connects the two wheels, should be straight. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...