Distributor Cap Hole Plug

chrysler1941

On 2/15/2017 at 1:59 PM, captden29 said:

marine engines had a hole in the cap to vent it. the hole is not needed for automotive application. lots of Chrysler engines were used in boats.      capt den 

What about army and air force engines?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigDaddyO said:

I know submarines have engines in them that are designed to run completely submerged, the trick there is to keep all the hatches closed.

I spent 7 years in the Submarine Service, but never saw an engine that could run underwater. We always had to have the snorkel mast up so the engine could get fresh air from above the surface. The snorkel mast had a valve that closed if water covered the mast, when that happened the engine would suck all the air out of the boat in a heartbeat. Big diesels need a lot of air.

Navy engines run just fine, thank you very much. As for the Marines, we gave them a ride whenever they needed it, and to wherever they wanted to go. And, when they were done, we were there to bring them back home. Obviously, I’m a Navy vet, and I have a lot of very high regard for my Marine partners. To quote them: “Semper Fidelis” – “Always Faithful”. ‘Nuff said!!!

• Like 2

It's obvious to me that it would be an insult to every Marine.  I was just saying how dependable the old car is for me. Merely a comparison of reliability. 

I apologize to any and all service men and women for any perceived inference that any car could be described as worthy of the honor of any member of our armed forces .