New 1947 P-15 owner

Mortimer452

Mortimer452,

My wife’s from western Kansas – born and raised on a farm. I’m a “military brat”, and he wound up at McConnell AFB, so I wound up growing up in Wichita from late elementary school on.

Again, a great car, and I, too, am eager to see your progress with it.

Regards,

• Like 1

13 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

I was born and raised in Manhattan KS!  I try to drive out 1 to 2 times a year to visit my mom.  San Diego has been good to me and I wish that the folks out here were more kind.  No one waves at you out here.  Well, that is if it isn't their middle finger....  LOL

If I drive one of my old 1930's Mopars out there to see my mom, I will try to let it be known.  That way if you would like to meet, we can swap some stories and admire our vehicles.

I head up to Manhattan once or twice a year with my other old(ish) Mopar to bang around Tuttle Creek ORV.  Good times.

• Like 1

After I received my first post-graduate degree, we moved to Manhattan, Kansas, where I worked with a medical practice. We’ve always tho’t Manhattan was a really picturesque community, and we both miss it. It’s my wife’s favorite community. Lots to do, but small enough to make everything convenient.

From what I’ve been able to gather, I was in error when I stated that the 2-door sedan came only in the DeLuxe trim level. In fact, the 2-door sedan could be had in the Special DeLuxe trim level. It was the business coupe that was only available in the DeLuxe trim level. To quote: “Plymouth's new models for 1946 were once again offered in two series, the P-15S DeLuxe, and the P-15C Special DeLuxe. DeLuxe body styles included a four-door sedan, a two-door sedan, the club coupe (which had a rear seat, and thus a longer turret top), and the business coupe (which didn’t have a rear seat, and thus a shorter turret top). Special DeLuxes included the 2-door, and the 4-door sedans, the club coupe (but excluded the business coupe), a convertible coupe, and a wood-bodied station wagon.” Sorry ‘bout the misinformation . . .

Thx.

10 hours ago, Mortimer452 said:

I head up to Manhattan once or twice a year with my other old(ish) Mopar to bang around Tuttle Creek ORV.  Good times.

Tuttle puddle is a great place to go relax and fish.  When I was a kid, I used to come out when the tubes were fully open.  That way when the splashback came over the fence, I would let it push me into the parking lot.  Out of the hundreds of times I had done that, not once did I ever sustain an injury!  I must have been tough or really lucky.  LOL

I used to net for small fish, then drive up to the mudflats to get me some catfish.  Chicken liver worked great too.....   I miss the summers there.

I hope to meet you there sometime. 

Nice car. Nicer than mine anyway. 

Black Two-door smaller image size.jpg

2 hours ago, Wild Steve said:

Nice car. Nicer than mine anyway. 

Black Two-door smaller image size.jpg

That car is WAY nicer than the rusty incomplete hulks that I have.  What is the car parked behind it Wild Steve?

That Plymouth looks like way to much trouble and aggravation. I'd be glad to help you out and take it off your hands. 

However, my 36 Plymouth was an Iowa car also and came to me virtually rust free as well. It spent the winters garaged. It also came without an  oil filter which was an option at that time. Enjoy yours. Looks like a winner.

On 2/16/2017 at 7:15 AM, 48Windsor said:

I'm in ROSSVILLE, about 25mi. W of Topeka. IIf you don't mind a Chrysler, would like to hook up to swap lies also. 

Tom B

Perhaps I could plan a fun road trip!  Hmmmmm

My mother's house is off of Moro Street.  She retired from KSU and will probably spend the rest of her days there. We thought about buying a house in Waterville, but then I am finding opportunities elsewhere.  I would like to somehow manage buying a home in Kansas and keep my residence in San Diego.  I can't stand the extreme anti everything american politics in California, but I have health ailments that make me have to live with it.  I can visit Kansas for certain times of the year without consequences, but San Diego heals me back up quick.  If I do this right, I can have the best of both worlds!  

On 2/18/2017 at 10:14 PM, classiccarjack said:

That car is WAY nicer than the rusty incomplete hulks that I have.  What is the car parked behind it Wild Steve?

The car behind it is a 1956 Ford. My mom bought that one new. It got restored in the early 1970's and then broad-sided. It's a four-door and the passenger side is all caved in from the rear door back. The frame might also be bent. My 78 year-old mom still believes it can be restored. It's also very rusty. 

Edited by Wild Steve
Fix some typo's

Anything can be restored, it's just has to be worth the effort.  I am sure that your mom was devastated when her car got mangled.  Really sad....