Canadian Paint Codes/ Paint Chips

40CanuckD15

Hi everybody,

My brother has a 1956 Dodge truck and we are looking for paint chips/ paint codes for it. It is a two-tone, we believe the colours are Pontchartrain green for the lower half and Banner Green for the upper half. It is a Canadian truck though, are the paint codes, or even the colours the same? We own a 1940 Dodge D15 as well and know that the original blue colour is either exclusive to Canada, and the original paint chips are long gone or no longer being mixed, I can't quite remember which.  

The trucks I believe were painted in commercial paint colours- were these commercial colours shared across the US- Canadian Border? 

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Yes, I think so. This was the site I used to figure out the two colours we thought they were. Only problem is I don't know if the colours that were put on American trucks were the same as what they put on Canadian trucks- especially because I believe they were 'commercial' colours- used on commercial vehicles (the trucks) only. There are some differences between Canadian and American trucks and truck literature, not sure if paint was one of them!

Dean

If you are trying to match colors that might be hard but the other question that needs to be answere is if you are planning to have the truck judged to be like it ws the true color when delivered or to just have a very nice close to original paint job and just show locally?

Most AACA judges will never know the difference if a truck was not painted a Candian color or an American color.  AACA only judges the color of the car or truck to be a color that might have been used during the time period.  So a metal flake flouesent color on a 40-50's truck would definately stick out and then be flagged. even if the color code is on the firewall plate the AACA judges do not know the codes.  They are a person of many talents but nt a master.  They have training but not specifics. So a guy that knows corvettes might be judging your truck, So how much do you really think he might know about your truck.

Just some thought onthe subject.

Rich Hartung

• Like 1

We would like to get the true colour, or as close as possible. I suppose we are not as concerned with judging (it's a 3 1/2 ton truck, who judges those??, maybe the ATHS?) as we are with correctness for the sake of being correct. I guess my real question is, if I were to get an American Paint Chip chart, of which there are a couple for the C-Series Dodge trucks on eBay, will this be correct also for a Canadian truck?

When did Chrysler start sharing paint across the border?

Dean