B3 truck rear

bergy

1953 B3. Here. Stock everything  Finally got my 99 Cherokee rear. Measured everything up - seems like the leaf spring pillars are within 1 inch. In width on the new rear. Is this a doable measurement or do I have to move the spring pillarsAnyone use the   jeep  rear as is and using the new ubolts put this together, how much modification do I gotta do? I can do it but what else do I need to know? Might the drive shaft u joint be ok?How bout the  for   driveshaft length? Thanks in advance

You need to check the pinion angle as well.  If the angle of the Jeep axle is not correct for  the truck, you'll need to cut the old perches off and correctly position them.  Even if the perches are under the inch difference and the pinion angle matches, they should be removed and properly placed to reduce any bind on the shackles.  After the axle is in you can measure for correct driveshaft length..