Vent windows

Talked to Roberts today and had him measure one of the seals he has. It is shorter then the one I received from Steele and by measurement should fit perfectly. I will be returning my Steele seals and purchasing the ones from Roberts  will update on how they fit when I receive them.

I just got new glass cut for mine- the driver’s side has a crack and the passenger side has a bullet hole in it (!). I thought the bullet hole was pretty cool but over the years the cracked glass has started to push into the cab and not be flat any more. 

I want to do new seals too but the originals look like a fairly complicated piece (the front side). I’ll have to check out what robert’s and steele have and decide if I want to try to make an expensive part fit or just start with a generic piece. 

Mine don’t have any tension on them- the wind closes them right back up so I can’t get that good breeze angled at me. Any tips for how your all’s work? 

Good luck with the new setup in your truck- thanks for this thread and sorry if I’m highjacking a little!

Radar

No hijack. As long as it is vent window related I think it fits perfectly :) I would hope that my experience would help others in their journeys. I will try to get the new seals so I can update the thread as quickly as possible I can’t get return process started with Steele till Tuesday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Radarsonwheels said:

I just got new glass cut for mine- the driver’s side has a crack and the passenger side has a bullet hole in it (!). I thought the bullet hole was pretty cool but over the years the cracked glass has started to push into the cab and not be flat any more. 

I want to do new seals too but the originals look like a fairly complicated piece (the front side). I’ll have to check out what robert’s and steele have and decide if I want to try to make an expensive part fit or just start with a generic piece. 

Mine don’t have any tension on them- the wind closes them right back up so I can’t get that good breeze angled at me. Any tips for how your all’s work? 

Good luck with the new setup in your truck- thanks for this thread and sorry if I’m highjacking a little!

Radar

My car had that trouble and I just needed to tighten the bolt against the spring.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the vent window seal update.

i returned my Steele seals and ordered the seals from roberts. I received them today and put them in. A perfect fit :) turns out the ones from Steele are about an inch too long. The Steele seals were a very high quality nice seal but just did not fit right. I strongly recommend the seals from Roberts if anyone is looking in the future.

• Thanks 1

On another note... trying to reassemble the frame vent windows. I have a hole pile of shims/washers that came off the pivot bolt. Anyone have a picture of how this should look assembled? The parts diagram just shows two washers, not a bunch of shims.

Here....927899476_Dodgetruckventwidowpictures(3).JPG.baf95e960ff6d59edbaf8a2f52c608a0.JPG

Dodge truck vent widow pictures (6).JPG

Dodge truck vent widow pictures (2).JPG

• Like 1

I already looked at the parts book before I posted pictures happy to say...the  pictures are correct as to order of assembly and they show placement of the fiber washers to the bracket... the parts book does not... but to help more here is the parts book picture...

DT B series Vent Window Stud Spring Assembly.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...